is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world's largest publicly traded copper producers, the world's largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
The Maintenance Planner roles are critical within the Maintenance organization. They identify, collect, organize, and document work order job steps with operations (i.e. tasks), resources, tools, and materials required to safely and effectively execute a maintenance scope of work to improve equipment availability and improve maintenance cost efficiency (time-to-repair + quality-of-repair = lower maintenance costs).
A Planner II leads workload activities of the assigned department by planning, scheduling, measuring and analyzing Maintenance activities in collaboration with site supervisors. Plans, schedules, and analyzes execution to generate successful resolution of issues. Manage and maintain the integrity of the information management systems to achieve the assigned planning and scheduling objectives.
- Under the guidance of the Equipment Reliability Standards (ERS) interacts with the Supervisor in the assigned area to establish and monitor planned schedules for assigned activities. Conduct and participate in daily, weekly and monthly planning meetings with key stakeholders. Review, prioritize and schedule work orders.
- Responsible for "Runtime Forecasting" process execution and outcomes in assigned area.
- Provide guidance and mentor Planner I personnel in Freeport-McMoRan practices in addition to sound planning and scheduling techniques.
- Support the area Supervisor in all facets of job preparation, execution and follow up as prescribed by the Freeport-McMoRan standards, including time spent "in the field" to ensure readiness and availability of materials and equipment resources.
- Develop, monitor and adjust schedules for assigned activities. Maintain these schedules in the management system (SAP).
- Collaborate with other Planners and first line supervisors in the long range planning and scheduling for planned major production shutdowns and long range planning, including but not limited to, job identification, job priority, resource requirements, materials requirements, budget forecasts and interdepartmental coordination.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the integrity of information in the management system (SAP) to achieve the assigned planning and scheduling objectives in assigned area.
- Execute, establish and maintain a history for all assigned activities in the management system (SAP).
- Engage with onsite Global Supply Chain to control warehouse minimum/maximum levels and appropriate storage conditions of materials and parts.
- Support execution of contracts by preparing scopes of work for internal and external jobs. Initiate requests for parts and materials. Interface with Global Supply Chain department but may deal directly with vendors for the provision of services and equipment.
- Assist with maintenance management decisions, including departmental budgets and weekly forecasting. Ensure adequate forecasting of large dollar maintenance materials to meet maintenance and financial requirements.
- Generate regular and ad hoc reports for site management, to assist with the measurement of key performance indicators.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- High School diploma or GED and six (6) years specific experience in field maintenance in mining/mfg or industrial operations OR
- High School diploma or GED and six (6) years related field maintenance experience in mining/mfg or industrial operations including four (4) years of specific Planning experience, OR
- Associates in a technical field and four (4) years related experience in field maintenance in mining/mfg or industrial operations
- Bachelor's degree in technical field and two (2) years related experience in field maintenance in mining/mfg or industrial operations
- Understanding of concepts and workflow of Maintenance Planning/Scheduling
- Understanding of mining and/or processing equipment function
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated working knowledge of maintenance management systems and associated applications
- Demonstrated professional/effective written and oral communications skills
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required.
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable state laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/DisabilityNearest Major Market:
Tucson Job Segment:
Supply Chain, ERP, SAP, Supply, Facilities, Operations, Technology