Principal Advisor - Payroll Integration (Group Services Strategy)
- Be part of a group that is safety & results driven, while valuing inclusion
- Join a global network and diverse team where people are encouraged to offer unique perspectives and build knowledge and connections
- Opportunity to be working on payroll integration and operation in multiple jurisdictions
- Recognised as a specialist in your area
- Role can be based in Perth, Brisbane, Montreal, Salt Lake City, Paris, London, South Africa, or India
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for an experienced, adaptable, and collaborative leader to lead the integration of payroll related activities from various businesses/countries across Rio Tinto Group to Group Services.
Being one of Rio Tinto's leaders means helping to run a company that drives human progress. You are writing the next chapter of our story.
You lead some of the industry's best and brightest minds, working to solve the challenges of the 21st century. We offer competitive, performance-focused remuneration and a wide range of benefits to reward your contribution. With a global reach, the opportunities to develop are broad and exciting.
This role is a great opportunity to look beyond existing methodologies and ways of working to define and resolve complex problems.
Reporting to the Manager Payroll Integration, you will be responsible for:
- Establishing end to end payroll processes and governance framework for different jurisdictions (e.g. Africa, Europe, South America, Asia, etc)
- Coordinating and participating in the selection of payroll third party vendor
- Managing the selected third party vendor
- Leading the implementation of new payroll scope
- Ensuring optimum change management and communications
- Managing payroll operation post implementation
- Ensuring optimum stakeholder engagement
- Ensuring payroll processes are compliance proof, meet business requirements and expected employee felt experience
- Implementing Continuous Improvement and digitalisation opportunities
- Resolving complex problems and taking a new perspective using existing solutions
- Mentoring/training staff, where appropriate
- Various ad hoc activities
What you'll bring
- Commitment to the safety and wellbeing of yourself and your team
- Strong experience in payroll operation and compliance and HR processes for multiple jurisdictions
- Good knowledge in driving improvements and integration projects in a complex environment
- Experience in partnering and building engagement with broad and diverse stakeholder groups
- Good understanding of how Rio Tinto works, and familiarity with the Group Services model
- Flexibility and ability to cover a wide range of focus areas and operate at multiple levels of detail
- Awareness & familiarity with new and advancing technologies and data management strategies
- Experience in coordinating and aligning global teams with consistent messaging/ vision etc.
- Experience in delivering programmes of work and ensuring appropriate governance
- Resilience and ability to influence across teams to build support
- Practical and pragmatic delivery mindset
- Empathy and drive
- Ability to influence and problem solve
Where you will be working
This role will be part of the Group Services team. The role is open to all Group Service and People Experience locations. The role will require close partnership and alignment with Group Services - ESPS (Employee Support and Payroll Services), HR, Finance, IS&T and other Group Services team.
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls 'progress' begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers - generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium - the world's first to be certified 'responsible' - helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, women, the LGBTQIA+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome - they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we support you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
Applications close on Friday 14 October 2022. (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date).
Rio Tinto does not accept unsolicited CVs or candidate profiles from recruiters or employment agencies. Rio Tinto will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to unsolicited CVs or candidate profiles. Rio Tinto reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited CVs or candidate profiles, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Rio Tinto.