ANALYST - PROCUREMENT PMO
- Providing data insights to inform leadership level decision-making and support the delivery of wide reaching initiatives
- Join our team with a focus on Global Procurement Portfolio analytics
- Ongoing training and development provided
- Flexible work environment and location - Brisbane based
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for a Procurement Analyst as part of the Rio Tinto Procurement (RTP) Program Management Office (PMO) Hub, supporting the broader Global Procurement (Indirects) and Business Partner East & NZ teams. You will be exposed to a wide range of Categories such as (but not limited to) Technology, Consulting, Energy, Travel, as well as operational Supply Chain categories.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic analyst to help shape and influence data-driven decisions. You will enjoy collaborating with a wide range of operational and functional stakeholders and have a passion for continuous improvement, data integrity and discovering fact-based insights.
Reporting to the Manager RTP PMO Hub and working within a diverse team, you will be comfortable bringing your whole self to work everyday while:
- Supporting key strategic decisions through the delivery of business intelligence (scoping, data gathering and modelling, detailed reports generation) ;
- Collaborating with the Global Indirects Program Management Office, wider Procurement function and Data Analytics teams to translate business needs into relevant dashboards and suggest improvement opportunities in data management, integrity and reporting.
- Analysing procurement data
- Developing and contributing to Power BI dashboards
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with the procurement team and other stakeholders to drive a culture of collaboration, participation and improvement is essential;
What you will bring
- A naturally curious mindset
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Sound knowledge in data analysis and a passion for telling a story through data visualisation
- Advanced skills in Excel and Power BI
- Experience within a procurement environment
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you've helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life's reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Relocation packages where suitable
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls 'progress' begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers - generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium - the world's first to be certified 'responsible' - helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto Global Procurement ensures resilient supply chains that deliver value to the Rio Tinto Group through the strategic sourcing and buying of goods and services for our operations. Playing a fundamental role, value is achieved through effective supplier partnerships, innovation, easy and standardised processes, e-technology, corporate social responsibility and increased commercial advantage.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome - they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
This advert closes on October 13th and we reserve the right to close this earlier