- Be part of a group that is safety driven and values inclusion
- Even time rosters available - 3 days, 3 nights on, 6 days off
- Based at our Operations Centre in Perth
About the role
We are looking for Controllers to join our team for upcoming opportunities, supporting our Pilbara Operations with safe co-ordination of site-based equipment from our state-of-the-art remote operations centre near Perth airport.
These roles are a great opportunity for motivated individuals looking for a better work life balance and who want to join a diverse and supportive team.
In addition to paying competitively and providing great benefits packages, we want you to live the lifestyle that is right for you and your family. And because of our size and scale, there are many opportunities to learn, grow and do more than you ever thought possible. Every hour of every shift, your safety and wellbeing is our number one priority. We do the work only if it is safe, and we invest to make sure every member of the team has the quality tools they need to do their job.
Reporting to the Integrated Operations Supervisor, and working in a challenging and exciting environment, you will be:
- Control the operations across our Pilbara sites
- Direct fixed plant operators to coordinate activities and increase efficiency in a safe manner according to the Operating Level Agreement
- Engage with site and OC personnel to ensure relevant information is collated in a timely manner
- Be a positive and proactive team member that contributes to the efficient and effective running of the fixed plant operations
- Conduct a detailed handover after each shift to ensure operations run smoothly
What you'll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- AHS - Autonomous Haulage System experience including working with Komatsu Front Runner, Caterpillar MineStar and or Dispatch systems
- Remote Plant control or site-based plant operations
- Remote Pit control or site-based pit operations
- Remote Drill control or site-based drill operations
- A strong work ethic with the willingness to succeed and make all KPI's set within the role
- Sound communication and computer skills
- Strong forward-thinking mindset and strategic and analytical skills
- The ability to multi-task within a busy work environment
- Mining experience
- A current and valid Australian Driver's License
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
What we offer
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life's reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls 'progress' begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers - generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium - the world's first to be certified 'responsible' - helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you'll be working
Our integrated iron ore network is supported by our Operations Centre (OC) in Perth, a state-of-the-art facility that enables all the autonomous trucks, trains and drills at our mines, ports and rail systems to be operated from a single location. The Centre incorporates visualisation and collaboration tools to provide real-time information across our demand chain and allows us to optimise our mining, maintenance and logistic activities across the Pilbara in a way never before possible. Located near the Perth domestic airport, the OC operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to coordinate our integrated network of mines, rail, and ports from 1,500km away.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome - they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Applications close on 17 October 2022 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)