Join a team of the best
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
At Thiess, our vision is to harness the power of our people and technology to pioneer sustainable resources solutions. As our industry evolves, we want to lead change, rather than simply keep pace with it. We're deploying new technology and equipment at select operations through a series of strategic, collaborative, and phased projects. About the role
We have multiple opportunities in the Autonomous team and are seeking applicants for the Autonomous Drill System (ADS) Controller
positions to join a dynamic team at the forefront of new innovative technology.
Olive Downs Complex is a greenfield project located 40 kilometres South-west of Moranbah and is due to commence mining operations in early 2023. Thiess has recently been awarded a five-year contract to deliver full service mining operations, including mine planning overburden removal, drill and blast, load and haul, water management and rehabilitation as well as construction of the mine infrastructure.
By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a new workforce that is focused on developing a strong performance culture and one that values everyone's contribution equally. You will thrive on meeting all goals and challenges, and act with fairness and integrity in all that you do.
Working a 7-day roster arrangement (day/night shifts) and reporting to the Supervisor Drill and Blast, your duties will include:
- Effectively manage and remotely control multiple Caterpillar MD6310 autonomous drills, and deliver on key Controller metrics ensuring maximum utilisation of the drills on a 24hr plan from the control room
- Collaborate with site and project teams and work with key internal and external stakeholders to meet the projects targets in safety, environment and production
- Management and maintenance of the Work Area virtual geofence boundaries within the Autonomous Drill System software as work progresses within the zone
- Monitor and analyse autonomous system data, and make recommendations for parameter/configuration changes to maximise autonomous productivity and utilisation
- Identification and coordination of maintenance activities for base drill and technology issues
- Communicating effectively with Drill & Blast Supervisors and key personnel
- Provide effective support to mine personnel where required
As the successful applicant, you will be a high achieving team-focused individual who enjoys delivering results in a dynamic environment. Your exceptional relationship building skills coupled with your ability to engage and collaborate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders will also ensure your success in this role.
What Thiess can do for you
- Demonstrated experience operating Caterpillar MD-series rotary blast hole drills
- Experience in mining, technology and/or logistics industry
- Demonstrated experience in Autonomous Systems such as MineStar highly regarded
- A great attitude towards learning and developing new skills with a passion for innovation and technology
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with high attention to detail
- Collaborative, communication and influencing skills together with computer literacy
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task as required
- Drive safety, culture and productivity in a team environment
- Heavy Mobile Equipment experience
- Relevant Trade Certificates
- Valid C Class Driving License
- Permanent full-time positions
- Thiess' commitment to ongoing training & development
- Health & wellbeing rewards program through AIA Vitality
- Competitive salary
- Salary sacrifice options - novated leasing
- Genuine Choice Rosters - (DIDO & FIFO)
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products
At Thiess, we partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia and the Americas. For more than 85 years, we have operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses global insight to optimise solutions and create value for each project, positioning them for optimal efficiency, productivity and cost performance, backed by how we meet our commitments. Thiess is committed to being at the forefront of sustainable mining, leveraging the power of our people and technology to support clients in their journey to more sustainable enterprises.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We're focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more - https://www.thiess.com How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button.