- Perth Based Role
- Attractive Salary
- Immediate Start
About the Role
WorkPac are currently seeking an experienced Cost Analyst who will report to the Superintendent Project Controls and provide proactive cost and change management support to the delivery teams across multiple projects. The Cost Analyst will be expected to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders at a project level and form relationships with those they support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The occupational health and safety of yourself and team members, ensuring that systems and processes are undertaken to demonstrate this care.
- Carry out the functional duties necessary for the daily implementation of project cost and change management across regional programs of projects. This will include: establishing budget, change management, contingency management, cost risk management, cashflow forecast schedule estimates, costs analysis to provide guidance on the final forecast cost, review and valuation of progress payments and reporting.
- Assisting the Superintendent Project Controls and Project Lead/Manager in managing the Owners cost, provide explanation of projects costs deviation from forecast/plan and alignment to the cost management processes.
- Be proactive and bold to raise areas of concern to the Superintendent Project Controls and Project Lead/Manager to avoid surprises.
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders at regional levels in line with Rio Tinto Values.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Report and provide cost analysis support on assigned Delivery portfolio and on individual projects.
- Ensure compliance to the project controls guidelines and procedures by the project ownersâ team.
- Manage cost assessments and carry out valuations on larger projects, and ensure timely and accurate cost validation, and valuation process.
- Facilitate project review meetings and update cost management tools and systems.
- Assists in maintaining the integrity of integrated project cost reports
- Supports development of regular cost and change management reports, including professional analysis and commentary.
- Assist in the development and update of project cashflow forecasting and estimates at completion.
- Supports compliance with standardised processes, systems and tools
- Maintains the relationship with contracting and project planning stakeholders to provide an informed forecast of the project.
- Collaborates with the planners/schedulers, contracts and estimating groups to ensure that implications of changes are well articulated and understood.
- Assists with analysing and reporting implications of changes to the Annual Plan and forecast.
- Provides technical support to project stakeholders
- Providing an independent assessment of the projects progress and estimate at completion.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Engineering or QS qualifications
- Must have experience of working in a cost role on a large project for at least 5 years
- Must have experience of working on a large mining project and dealing with multiple project at one time.
- Experience with PrismG2 and advanced level skills in a recognised software system
- Good level excel spreadsheet skills to verify & crosscheck data accuracy across systems
- Familiarity with running reports for extraction of information from SAP
- Must be a self-starter to drive and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a tight schedule to meet reporting cut offs
- Has to be team player to able to work closely with project members cutting across levels
- 5+ years of experience in project controls delivery.
Please be aware that proof of COVID-19 vaccination may apply in accordance with Public Health Orders, State Health Directions and/or site specific Health and Safety requirements.
Reference Number : 7469J20222103
How to Apply
Click onto the 'Apply' button or for more information, please contact WorkPac Principal Consultant -Konrad Poprawa on 0892016264 or Konrad.Poprawa@workpac.com and quote the above reference number.
WorkPac is Australia's leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. We are proud to partner with some of the country's leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities. Looking after our employees is important to us. Through our my rewards platform, we offer benefits from retail rewards through to financial, health cover, insurance, superannuation services and more.
At WorkPac, we recognise we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.