- Work and live where family friendly flexibility is encouraged, surrounded by the coastal lifestyle!
- Residential or FIFO opportunities on offer | Cape Lambert / Wickham
- 5 days on; 2 days off / 4 days on; 3 days off | every other weekend is a long weekend!
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for a Senior Planner to join the Cape Lambert Planning Team to help us excel at safely maintaining our Cape Lambert Assets
This role is a great opportunity for a professional Leader who is looking to grow their skills to move forward with the business as career opportunities arise.
We are an open, connected global team that includes some of the industry's best and brightest minds. We offer competitive, performance-focused remuneration and a wide range of benefits to reward your contribution. With a global reach, the opportunities to develop and grow your career are broad and exciting.
Reporting to the Maintenance Planning Superintendent and working in a diverse team, you will be:
- Detail planning of jobs in SAP, capturing improvement changes, developing estimations of resource requirements and materials.
- Create, publish, and track the budget for area of responsibility.
- Prioritising work with the Supervisors, Superintendents, and external departments, utilising your considerable stakeholder and relationship building skills.
- Developing and refining the scheduled outage forecast for designated site working with site and the central teams to optimise and manage business impact.
- Ability to think outside the box to safely reduced shutdown durations where possible.
- End to end process developing and managing the sites Zero Based Budget.
- Work closely with a variety of stakeholders across the organisation to identifying and implementing opportunities for continuous improvement and ensure there is effective communication of the plans to ensure appropriate risk management strategies are in place.
What you'll bring
- Demonstrated skills in maintenance planning or scheduling within the resources industry.
- Strong mechanical or electrical background with experience in maintenance of Fixed Plant.
- Intermediate knowledge in SAP, Microsoft Office including Project and Excel.
- Detail understanding of Work Management and Zero-Based Budgeting principles.
- Frontline Leadership
- Previous experience utilising a Computerised Maintenance Management System (SAP experience will be highly regarded).
- A current and valid manual 'C Class' driver's license.
What we offer
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- Get ahead financially and enjoy housing subsidy benefits
- Remote Area Holiday Travel Assistance
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with Annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice and salary packaging options
- Career development and education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life's reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls 'progress' begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers - generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium - the world's first to be certified 'responsible' - helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities, and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you'll be working
Our port facilities consist of four shipping terminals located on the Pilbara coast at Dampier and Cape Lambert which form an essential part of our logistics process. Each terminal has facilities for train unloading, iron ore stockpiling, product blending and ship loading.
You will just love that sea change and everything our beautiful WA coastline has to offer.
To find out more, check out the following link: https://karratha.wa.gov.au/map-listing/wickham
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome - they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, or anything else that makes us different.
Applications close on Monday, 17th October 2022 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date).