is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world's largest publicly traded copper producers, the world's largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan. Please note:
This position has the possibility to work remotely up to 100% of the time. The position will require occasional travel to the Phoenix corporate offices and/or site locations . This position may be performed anywhere in the U.S. except California, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Michigan, Illinois, Kentucky and New York. Additional states may be excluded from remote work based on business factors. Should the positions shift to in-office work in the future, the company will offer relocation benefits at that time should the position meet the established eligibility for these benefits.
This in-person position is performed onsite at Freeport-McMoRan's corporate office in Phoenix, Arizona. In accordance with Freeport-McMoRan's requirement for all employees who are working or attending a meeting onsite at the corporate office, if you are hired you will be required to submit proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to entry, unless the company has granted a medical or religious accommodation.
Under limited supervision, oversees and performs highly specialized accounting, budget development, or financial analysis in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and the company's policies and procedures. May represent the site on company-wide task forces or teams and may provide guidance to accounting personnel at other sites.
- Performs or serves as team leader in assembling complex and interrelated financial analyses and reports
- Serves as team leader in the compilation, analysis, presentation and monitoring of the consolidated annual budget for the site
- Develops and presents sophisticated financial models to assist in tactical and strategic planning for the site
- Analyzes financial operations and recommends enhancements to policies or procedures; reviews and recommends new or enhanced automated financial systems
- Oversees and assists in audit preparation by developing required schedules and reconciliation reports; monitors and develops monthly reports of revenues and expenditures for regular and special projects
- Performs other duties as required
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
This position requires air travel. In accordance with Freeport-McMoRan's requirement for all employees whose job requires travel by air, if you are hired you will be required to submit proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to travel by air, unless the company has granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- High School diploma or GED and nine (9) years professional experience in accounting, including two (2) years in prolong intellectual instruction (certifications, instructed training, OR on the job training, etc..) in Accounting or Finance; OR
- Associate's degree in Accounting, Finance, or closely related area and seven (7) years professional experience in accounting or finance; OR
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or closely related area and five (5) years of accounting or finance experience; OR
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, or closely related area and three (3) years of accounting or finance experience.
- Strong desire to learn and visit site operations.
- The preferred candidate will be very proficient with systems and report writing applications.
- The preferred candidate will be have proficient business writing skills.
- A team player that can meet deadlines when required (e.g., quarter-end activities and General Manager Meeting prep).
- Strong desire to know, understand and grow in this area
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Work is mostly performed in an office setting. Occasionally work will be performed in a mine, outdoor or manufacturing plant setting
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs, talk, hear and see
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects up to twenty-five (25) pounds during the course of the workday
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/DisabilityJob Segment: