Reporting to the Superintendent: Accounting, you will contribute to the overall effectiveness of the business through ensuring effective cost assignment, analysis and reporting. The position is an integral part of the Business Analysis team and a key role supporting the Mining Manager. The opportunity to be involved in the budgeting and regular forecasting process across multiple areas contrasts the reporting and analysis of actual costs incurred.
As an employee at Gold Fields, we expect all levels of employees to act in a manner that seeks to align and enhance the values, safety culture and performance of Gold Fields with the purpose of creating enduring value beyond mining.
This role is offered as residential in Kambalda or Kalgoorlie on 5 days on, 2 days off, 4 days on 3 days off (9 hours per day) roster. Bus transportation is offered to and from site for residential candiates and relocation assistance will be offered to the succesful candidate if required. Benefits include:
About the role:
- 6% Site Allowance & Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Quarterly Bonus Scheme
- Salary sacrifice options
- Increased leave entitlements for annual leave, paid primary and secondary parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long service leave pro rata after 5 years of continuous service
- Educational assistance
- Ensure diligent cost capture and appropriate assignment of costs in a multiple mine operation;
- Developing the cost analysis and reporting capacity of the Operating Departments, to improve cost management & performance of the organisation;
- Enhance business effectiveness by assisting departments to gain a thorough understanding of their costs and drivers;
- Develop and implement process to continuously improve cost transparency and understanding through the organisation;
- Preparation and integration of all presentations associated with budgets, forecasts, monthly and quarterly cost and performance reviews and analysis.
Applications can be submitted via:
- Tertiary Qualification in Commerce or Economics
- Strong computer literacy including MS Office
- Strong Time Management skills to ensure all reporting deadlines are met
- Previous experience as a Mine Accountant or Business Analyst
- Significant experience with a large ERP
- Completion or progress towards a CPA or CA would be highly regarded
- SAP Experience would further strengthen your application
We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.