The successful candidate will be responsible for the configuration, installation, troubleshooting and repair of personal computers, printers, telephones, mobile devices and data communications equipment; configuration and support of mobile devices; installation, configuration and support of desktop software systems; troubleshooting and resolving software and hardware problems; rotate through the role of on-call Help Desk technician on a periodic basis; perform other duties as assigned.Responsibilities:
- Works at the Help Desk, receives Help Desk tickets and telephone calls focusing on answering computer user requests for assistance, problem solving with a goal of first call resolution, providing troubleshooting and resolving of software, hardware, mobile and network problems.
- Daily maintenance tasks, imaging computers and remediate broken clients
- Assesses and collects essential issue data relative to problem and customer information for the dispatching a work to next tier support.
- Provides first and second-level technical customer support; first level of support duties are receiving trouble calls via Help Desk tickets, telephone and e-mail and resolving issues within scope of role; if problems need a higher level support, the Help Desk technician will dispatch a service ticket to the appropriate higher level support personnel.
- Provide local hands on support when higher level support needs physical assistance; second-level support is solving routine technical problems remotely from the Help Desk.
- Responsible for day to day manning of the Help Desk ticketing system for all computer related trouble reported by local end users.
- Two (2) years of PC Technician experience in a business networking environment required
- BS in Computer Sciences preferred
- Microsoft MCSA or MCSE and A+ certifications preferred
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds required
- Ability to travel locally routinely required
- Exceptional customer service/interpersonal skills required
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of personal computers in a networked environment including data and telecommunications equipment required
- Knowledge of and experience with, local area networks and associated protocols and equipment. Specifically Microsoft Windows, IOS environments, mobile devices, firewall technology and TCP/IP. Familiarity of Cisco networking equipment preferred