December 19, 2022
Teck Alaska Incorporated, Red Dog Operations, one of the world's largest producers of zinc concentrate, is recruiting for a Contracts Coordinator.Due to anticipated needs, we are currently recruiting for a career oriented individual to fill this role.
Position is based in the Anchorage office Monday – Friday.
Reporting to the Materials Management Superintendent, the Contracts Coordinator is accountable for overseeing the effective operations of the Contracting team and the procurement of contract services for Red Dog Operations. Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Establish and promote the maintenance and continuous improvement of a Safe and Healthy-working environment through personal commitment to the principles of the Red Dog Operations Health & Safety Policy and ensure personal compliance
- Operate accordingly under the NANA/Teck operating agreement and follow procedural steps outlined in the joint procurement manual
- Ensure that purchase orders issued are complete in every respect and that they accurately describe the goods or services required by the Company; that the legal requirements have been reviewed and all necessary approvals have been acquired
- Evaluate sources of supply and service to ensure that the suppliers chosen are competent to deliver the proper quality of service at the best possible price in the time required
- Establish reliable business relationships with contractors/suppliers to ensure quick response to Teck Alaska's needs and to keep abreast of new products, services and technologies; conduct interviews with representatives keeping them informed of Teck Alaska’s procedures and policies; maintain relationships with operations and services within Teck Alaska
- Prepare bid lists; solicit quotations, evaluation and recommend vendor selection; prior to order placement ensure there are no detrimental aspects with regards to commercial terms, patent infringements, labor agreements, legal requirements
- Provide administration and effective organizational support for operations, major projects and shutdowns to ensure all work meets Teck Alaska’s Commercial and Contractual Terms and Conditions, planning and negotiations requirements
- Review and administer contracts and required modifications and change orders; prepare contract review records and obtain management approvals
- Implement and maintain Contractor Service Agreements including such areas as evaluating and reviewing Contractor information, maintaining Contractor Service agreements and lists, and initiating annual review of agreements
- Develop and document contractor management policies and procedures for control documents program and audit compliance
- Lead the contract negotiations and provide input and participate as a team member on a variety of projects
- Negotiate favorable commercial terms, including purchase terms, pricing, warranties and terms of payment, negotiates Master Service Agreements, service contracts, develops and maintains supply agreements with preferred suppliers and manages supplier relationships
- Prepare reports on contract negotiations, contract status and contractor evaluation for property and procurement departments
- Review contracting policies and procedures to determine if opportunities exist to improve cost, deliveries and services
- Maintain a professional manner and comply with the meaning and intent of Teck’s Code of Ethics
- Responsible for providing leadership to their groups; set department and individual employee objectives and performance targets consistent with the overall objectives of the company; evaluate each individual employee’s performance annually; develop individual employee training and development plans (in conjunction with the Superintendent, Materials Management).
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree (in Business, Law or related field), or an equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of a degree
- 5-10 years contracting experience. Preferably in a heavy industrial setting, EPCM or government procurement setting
- Experience in mining or heavy industry environment is preferred
- Strong communication and written skills are required
- Thorough understanding of legal principles, insurance and contracting language and administrative processes
- Professional Demeanor
- Good Negotiating skills
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Strong leadership and mentoring skillsets
- Prior supervisory position with strong team building experience preferred
Red Dog is a drug/alcohol free work place and provides competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program. Employment is conditional upon passing a background check, physical examination and drug/alcohol tests. Excellent benefits including: medical, dental, life, AD&D and long term disability insurance, paid sick leave, vacation days and 401k. Red Dog currently offers a 2x2 (two weeks on & two week off) an even schedule to provide a better work-life balance to our employees.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc, as well as investments in energy assets. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Nearest Major Market:
Alaska Nearest Secondary Market:
Anchorage Job Segment:
Compliance, Coal Mining, Sustainability, Procurement, Legal, Mining, Energy, Operations