Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking a Vacation Student
with an interest to join Mining & Minerals
within our Asset Support
team based in Perth. The Wood Summer Vacation Program is a paid 12-week program (December 2022 to February 2023) for engineering undergraduate students in any year of study (excluding 1 st year students).
Wood is at the forefront of engineering solutions for a net zero future. Wood's Asset Support business delivers integrated solutions to sustain, optimise and extend the life of operating production facilities. The core Asset Support services include brownfield projects, operation readiness, asset management and production improvement.
Our summer Vacation Program is designed for students looking for an early kick-start to their career. This particular program is available to students studying a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, or Civil / Structural Engineer and ideally looking to move into the engineering industry within the brownfields space. A position such as this enables you to put what you've learned in the classroom into practice and gain valuable exposure to the workplace so you may experience first-hand what it's like to work on real projects prior to graduation .
Our paid 12-week Program has been specifically designed to give you hands-on experience and immersive development and learning opportunities. It also feeds into our Wood Graduate Program, which means if you perform well in the Program, you'll be considered for early offers and will join us when you graduate . Skills / Qualifications To be eligible for a vacation position you will meet following criteria :
- Currently studying Mechanical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, or Civil / Structural Engineer
- Have an interest in brownfield projects, operation readiness, asset management and production improvement
- Able to demonstrate that you are a strong communicator - you can clearly articulate your ideas, your passion and perspective both in person and in writing
- Be willing to actively learn new things - you will be open-minded, a quick learner and a naturally curious person and we are particularly interested in students who are open to developing their technical skills
- Contribute as a team player and thrive in a collaborative environment, engaging with others and equally work independently when appropriate
- Value openness, empathy and inclusivity - at Wood we've built a culture where everyone can bring their whole and authentic self to work
- Be available to work full-time for a 12-week period from December 2022 to February 2023
When applying, please ensure you provide the following and upload in o ne document (Word or PDF):
- Detailed version of your CV
- S canned copy of your academic transcript
- Covering Letter
Wood Australia accepts applications for our Summer Vacation Program from students who do not yet hold Australian permanent residence to augment our talent pools. Your Visa must allow you to work full-time to be eligible. If you are currently studying a relevant Engineering degree and available to work full-time for a 12-week period from December 2022 to February 2023 - apply today! Company Overview
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.