Grow your career with Thiess
As a global business, we are proud to offer diverse and rewarding career opportunities. We are committed to Thiess being a company which supports great people to succeed, develop their careers, and feel supported to reach their highest potential. We offer a safe and inclusive work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives and where the capability of our people is key to our success. About The Role
We are seeking an Environment and Community Advisor to work collaboratively to deliver high-quality environmental solutions at Mount Pleasant located a short 2.5km from Muswellbrook in the Upper Hunter Valley, New South Wales.
By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a workforce that is focused on developing a strong performance culture and one that values everyone's contribution equally. You will thrive on meeting all goals and challenges, and act with fairness and integrity in all that you do.
Additionally, you will:
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and project approvals
- Ensuring the successful implementation of the Environmental Management System including the development and implementation of project Environmental Management Plans
- Delivering environmental training and awareness programs
- Ensuring environmental initiatives and innovations are effectively communicated and promoted to strengthen the culture within the business
- Collation of reports to meet legislative and client requirements
- Liaison with the client and regulator
- Co-ordinating environmental monitoring, inspection and auditing programs and maintaining associated documentation and records
- Providing interpretation of environmental data and regular progress reports against environmental performance targets
- Strategically influence the design, construction, and consultant teams in areas of environmental management and sustainability to deliver outstanding outcomes
As the successful applicant, you'll be a high-achieving team-focused individual who enjoys delivering results in a dynamic environment. Your exceptional relationship-building skills coupled with your ability to engage and collaborate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders will also ensure your success in this role.
What Thiess Can Do for You
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science/Environmental Engineering or other relevant disciplines
- Proven heavy industry site based environmental experience (previous mining experience is an advantage)
- Demonstrated understanding of Australian environmental legislation including NPI and NGER requirements
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Competent in the use of Microsoft office suite. Experience with ArcGIS will be highly regarded
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams as well as autonomously to deliver objectives
- Permanent full-time position
- Thiess' commitment to ongoing training & development
- Health & well-being rewards program through AIA Vitality
- Competitive salary
- Salary sacrifice options - novated leasing
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we've operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
Visit our website to learn more - http://www.thiess.com
We're committed to safe, healthy and respectful workplaces. A place where everyone matters always.
We welcome and celebrate the differences and similarities among people including gender, identity, ethnicity, race, heritage, sexual orientation, disability, age, culture, religion, language, appearance, parental status and education.
If you require assistance to apply for this job because of disability or special needs, please contact us here . How to Apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button or the link below.