Who We Are:
Welcome to Vale in Canada. As a leader in the mining industry, our responsibility is to positively impact our people, communities and the environment. We value our workforce and offer continuous training and career development opportunities for our people.
Vale is a global leader in the production of iron ore and one of the largest producers of nickel. Active in Canada for over 100 years, Vale employs nearly 6,000 people across our corporate office in Toronto and sites in Manitoba, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador. Applying the latest technologies to sustainably produce nickel, copper, cobalt, platinum group metals, gold and silver is at the heart of what we do.
With our global headquarters in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and approximately 125,000 employees in over 30 countries, Vale is constantly growing and changing. We invite you to be part of our evolution.Our Team:
The Coleman Mine Team is integral to the success of the operation in becoming a safe, predictable, and reliable producer. The teamwork across the mine is to ensure success through enhanced planning and scheduling processes and provide our employees the ability to identify and resolve work conflicts before they occur. Coleman Mine, it’s worth the drive!The Opportunity
We are currently seeking a Logistics Supervisor
to join our Coleman Mine team
in Sudbury, Ontario. You will continuously improve the work team performance through effective use of established processes and procedures in achieving assigned objectives. Improve the effectiveness of the front-line team while meeting the business objectives. This includes ensuring the completion of assigned work with consistency and accuracy. Follow Vale’s Safety Policies, Programs and Legislative Standards. This role is permanent
. The role will require shift work (5/4). Additionally, in this position you will:
- Manage systems within the area of accountability to achieve the following outputs;\t\t
- Zero Harm to employees, the business, the environment and the community\t\t
- Achieve/exceed production quality & quantity targets while maximizing economic resources and recovery,\t\t
- Achieve total product and unit cost, and capital (as applicable) expenditure targets\t
- Review & communicate Risk Management situations with crew members at line up and field discussions. Follow notification protocols for incidents and initiate on-shift investigations.\t
- Leads and ensures Safe Production behaviors’ are exhibited by all crew members. Coach members on consistently achieving ALARA and take corrective action when necessary to address noncompliance.\t
- Meet objectives and comply with; Monthly Safety plans, incident reporting process, Policy/Procedure reviews, MOC system, etc.\t
- Perform injury management, working with employee and health care providers to successfully return the employee to work.\t
- Identify and correct negative special cause circumstances that are within authority level and escalate those that are outside authority. \t
- Continuously improve the performance of the production & maintenance frontline team through effective use of established processes and procedures. This includes ensuring the completion of assigned work with increasing consistency and accuracy by; \t
- Assigning tasks, utilizing CPQQRT format, to team members so that work gets done in a safe and coordinated way.\t\t
- Handle process and social problems as they occur.\t
- Complete improvement projects, as assigned.
- Consistently apply established policies, procedures and best practices.\t
- Utilize the work practices under Work Management to approve, plan, schedule and execute tasks within the area(s).\t
- Assess assignments during shift to ensure that schedules are being attained, and/or take corrective actions as required. Complete all production and/or maintenance related reports and work orders and communicates status to oncoming shift(s).\t
- Control inventories of consumables and supplies, and order materials to achieve production and/or maintenance schedules.
\t About You
- Manage overtime to within targets and distribute to crew members within the C.B.A. and provincial guidelines.\t
- Ensure crew qualifications are kept current for required work assignments, and schedule training as required.\t
- Coach & counsel employees on the standards of behaviour, and take corrective actions as required, including discipline and grievance management.
- Grade 12 or GED equivalent is required\t
- Common Core: First Line Underground Mine Supervisor Common Core (770121) or Common Core for First Line Production Supervisor Underground Hard Rock Mining (770120) is preferred.
- 3-5 years of leadership experience.\t
- Experience with: \t
- Commitment to open and transparent dialogue. You must be able to share ideas and messages in a clear way, focusing on the solution, without fear of addressing sensitive issues.\t\t
- Value collaboration and systemic thinking. You must value working together to maximize our ability to make things happen.\t\t
- Understand the importance of innovation and adaptability. You are curious and aware of trends as well as courageous to challenge the status quo and test different approaches.\t\t
- Ability to develop people for high performance. You empower people to do more and to go further, creating purpose and providing continuous feedback.\t\t
- Commitment to meritocracy. You promote an environment where people are recognized for their work and exposed to opportunities based on their contributions.\t
\tHow can Vale grow your career?
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and work well with others in a team environment\t
- Written and oral communication skills\t
- Must be obsessed with safety and risk\t
- Demonstrate open and transparent dialogue in all aspects of work
The Logistics Supervisor, is a management position that will allow the right candidate to shape our mining operations as well as a team of direct reports. Additionally, Vale Canada offers a series of benefits including:
\tDifference Makes All the Difference
- Competitive salary\t
- Attractive pension and benefits (company paid core coverage, flex health and dental coverage, flex accounts, disability plans and optional insurances)\t
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation, flex, sick, top up for maternity/parental)\t
- Work culture dedicated to safety, diversity & inclusion and career growth\t
- Grow your career in a large and global company, and mining industry leader\t
- Employee Family Assistance Program\t
- Online training and career development opportunities\t
- Opportunities to advise and oversee the design, budget and construction of new mines and expansions
At Vale, we are committed to ensuring an inclusive work environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. Vale encourages everyone to express their ideas and opinions and values the plurality of individual profiles. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other personal consideration that makes us different.
Vale is an equal opportunity employer seeking to increase diversity across our operations and improve equal opportunity at Vale and in the mining industry.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodation is available throughout our recruitment process for applicants with disabilities. ApplyDeadline to Apply: December 7, 2022
Pay Grade: 17V