Closing Date: December 15,, 2022
Join our finance team, who is dedicated to providing world class financial services!
Reporting to the Supervisor Financial Planning, the Senior Financial Planning Analyst is responsible for generating a forward looking view of our business by consolidating and analyzing monthly forecast and annual budget information. They will facilitate Financial Planning processes including historical performance analysis and reporting and will consistently work to improve systems in collaboration with partners across our operations and enterprise.
To be successful in this role you must be detail oriented and meticulous in your work. With strong interpersonal and communication skills you are able to take financial data and provide the information in a meaningful way to maximize the impact and value for the audience. We are looking for someone who can work effectively under pressure to meet challenging priorities while building relationships and capacity within the team. Most Importantly, advanced analytical, problem solving and decision-making abilities are vital in this role.
This is a great opportunity to learn more about the business of mining and become a key financial resource within our organization. You will get to look at the big picture and support strategic decision makers. There is opportunity for growth within the financial team to meet your future career goals.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Working a compressed work week with alternating Fridays off, come experience what work life balance is all about!Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Accurate and timely completion of forecasts, budgets, reporting, and reconciliation processes
- Complete routine analytical reviews of financial and operational mining performance and consolidate detailed information succinctly and in a manner that can be effectively understood
- Prepare pixel perfect presentations in support of forecast and budget for use in senior leadership review meetings, and board and shareholder meetings
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and provide recommendations to improve profitability and margins and address new and emerging trends
- Build and maintain financial and predictive models to assist in the validation of forecast and budget submissions and scenario analyses
- Coordinate with sites to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
About Teck Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references.
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA)
- Minimum five years of finance experience; mining experience would be considered an asset
- Strong cost and technical accounting knowledge
- Sophisticated digital literacy, particularly in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience leading a team would be an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP and Atlas XL would be an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.Job Segment:
Coal Mining, Financial Analyst, Strategic Planning, CPA, Mining, Finance, Strategy