About Redpath Australia
The Redpath Group is a leading international mining contractor with projects throughout Australia and across the globe.
We specialise in the shaft sinking, mine development, contract mining, raiseboring, underground construction, engineering & technical services and specialty services to the underground mining industry.About the role
Reporting to the HSEQ General Manager, the Senior Safety & Training Advisor is responsible for the coordination, monitoring and management of all Health, Safety & Training requirements for the whole of Redpath, ensuring the Company is compliant with Redpath requirements, Client requirements and all relevant legislative requirements. This position will predominantly work Monday to Friday at our Eagle Farm office. Their responsibilities include but are not limited to -
- review incident reports and investigations ensuring appropriate actions are raised where required to mitigate re-occurrence;
- facilitate/participate in Risk Assessments;
- lead/participate site Incident investigations and carry out risk review analysis ensuring corrective actions are implemented and closed out;
- liaise with site Safety & Training teams and providing ongoing support as required;
We are looking for
- regularly monitor and review site's training processes;
- regular visits to our operational sites throughout Australia
In return you can expect
- Cert IV in OHS (or equivalent) and Training & Assessment
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a safety professional role within mining, preferably underground
- Good knowledge of Workplace/Mine Health & Safety legislation
- Proven organisational leadership in the key areas of Risk Management, Incident Investigation and Safety Leadership
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid manual drivers licence
- National Police clearance within last 6 months advantageous
- A positive work ethic and attitude in keeping with Redpath's motto, Consider it done - safely.
- Career path through internal promotions
- Competitive salary package
- Salary Sacrifice for Superannuation and Novated car leasing
- Discounted health insurance with BUPA
- Access to a large range of staff benefits
- Employee Assistance (4 sessions per annum), well-being assistance that is free for all the family.
As an equal opportunity employer, Redpath is sensitive to the importance of diversity in the workplace and supports this through a work environment committed to gender equality and cultural diversity. We welcome applications from candidates willing to join a collaborative team and encourage women & Indigenous people to apply.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity and to build a career in an innovative and dynamic organization, submit your resume by clicking on Apply Now below.