2023 Intern Program - China
- Rio Tinto
- Beijing, Beijing, China
- Closing date
- Feb 13, 2023
- Auxiliary & Support Staff
- Work Term
- Work Load
- Full Time
What's your mission? Is it to think up sustainable solutions? Push A.I. forward? Or support local communities?
Whatever your mission is, we believe that you need to work with like-minded people to reach it. That's why Rio Tinto's graduate program brings together people with uncommon skills to work together under a common goal: to make our future better. Do you want to drive change? It's time to come together and create tomorrow with a graduate role at Rio Tinto.
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We're looking for students from a range of degrees for different areas across our business including:
- Engineering - All degrees including Metallurgy, Process or Chemical
- Sciences - Geoscience, Environmental, new energy related
- Technology - Data Science, Software, Computing, Robotics
- Humanities - Arts, Law, Health & Safety, Archaeology
- Business - All degrees including economics, Finance, Commercial, Sales Marketing
- Language- English
Joining our internship program, you get the opportunity to gain hands-on experience, apply skills to real-life projects, and get a taste of life at Rio Tinto, and you will be regarded as high potential candidate to fill in our 2024 graduate program.
Intern Program Dates: July 1, 2023- Sept 30, 2023
Beijing & Shanghai (Chaoyang district & Jing'an district)
What you'll bring to the Intern Program
- To be eligible for the Intern Program, you must be currently studying a bachelor's degree or equivalent in one of the disciplines listed above and in penultimate year or second/third year.
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work independently and within a team with strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Excellent analytical capability, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities
What we offer
Come join our team and enjoy some great benefits:
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment
- Career development to further your ambitions
- Competitive salary package
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support
- Exciting multicultural working environment
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls 'progress' begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers -generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress. Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium - the world's first to be certified 'responsible' - helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Since establishing the first office in Beijing almost 40 years ago with just three people, Rio Tinto has built partnerships with China that span supply, innovation, capability building, culture and procurement. It's a relationship that has been transformative for Rio Tinto and continues to make a significant contribution to China's growth story.
Where you'll be working
The company's history in China stretches back over a century when Rio Tinto made the first borates sales to the country. Since 1973 when Rio Tinto was one of the first foreign companies to export iron ore to China, it has shipped over 3.3 billion tonnes of the commodity, more than any other mining company. This extraordinary volume has been driven in large part by the pioneering joint ventures and partnerships that the company has forged in recent decades.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, women, the LGBTQIA+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
Join us and pioneer a career that will not only build your future, but drive progress for us all.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, join us on LinkedIn or visit our Careers Page.
Please note, to be considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis, so we encourage you to apply ASAP!
We are curious and creative, ingenious and hard-working. We are pioneers – exploring the boundaries of everything we do. The materials we produce are essential to human progress, and we see that progress driven by our people. Working at Rio Tinto means touching people’s lives: from exploring new materials to finding ways to tackle climate change.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. And we want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success.
Our values – care, courage and curiosity – guide how we work and how we treat each other.
- Rio Tinto
- +44 20 7781 2000
6 St James's Square
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert