Mozal SA is a benchmark for mega-projects in developing countries. Mozal's vision is to be a leading low-cost primary aluminium smelter and the employer of choice.
At Mozal, we recognise that our people are the foundation of our business and the key ingredient for our success. We are clear that to prosper, we must work through people who share our vision and our values. POSITION SYNOPSIS:
The purpose of this role is to lead a team in the establishment, management and delivery of a portfolio of projects within the Operations in accordance with relevant processes, standards, and performance targets for HSE and Cost. CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager;
- Responsible to manage the yearly Projects portfolio for an operational area;
- Manage planning, safe execution and commissioning of approved Modification and Small projects according to agreed scope, budget, schedule and relevant standards and specifications;
- Liaise with Finance function and operational functions for cost-benefit evaluations, impact assessments, business cases as required to obtain project approvals;
- Collaborate with the Supply function to ensure availability of materials and services as required for the execution of Modification and Small Projects;
- Engage with relevant original equipment manufacturers, engineering vendors and construction vendors to manage expert engineering support to the operation;
- Lead the submission of the 2 and 5 year small projects and modifications budget;
- Endorse, lead implementation and monitor effectiveness of the sub-function improvement initiatives.
- Serious contenders will have a bachelor's degree (Licenciatura) in mechanical, electrical, civil engineering or equivalent;
- Minimum experience of 6 to 8 years in related areas that includes 2 years in a leadership role;
- Have managed small projects, budgets and operational budgets at a work team level;
- Show oral/written proficiency in the English language.
Please apply online via www.south32.net and use reference number 5981
applications must include cover letter and CV (max 3 pages) with copies of certificates, identity documents, Police Clearance and a written reference. Applications close on the 06 February 2023
. Mozal, your employer of choice!