Globe 24-7 in partnership with Newcrest Mining, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent to join their Mining Team at their Lihir Gold Operations (LGO). The Company
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, they aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
At Newcrest, they hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem-solving. The Role
We are seeking a Senior Specialist - Electrical and Instrumentation
for a FIFO position at Lihir Gold Limited. Reporting to the Superintendent - Processing (Oxygen Plant), you will drive the long-term maintenance activities of the Oxygen Plant Electrical & Instrumentation teams
for the delivery of reliability and minimum interruption to facilities when outages occur and provide technical support during plant shutdowns.
Additionally, you will have significant exposure to coaching, mentoring, and upskilling personnel around highly technical electrical and instrument activities to ensure safety and skill are at the utmost standard. Additional scope will include but not be limited to:
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Drive and influence proactive safety behaviours within workgroups through visible leadership.
- Develop team members through daily feedback, coaching, and formal training.
- Provide electrical and instrumentation technical assistance and support to the operations, maintenance, and technical services representatives responsible for the oxygen plants.
- Monitor the maintenance activities performed by the national workforce on the Instrumentation and control equipment in the assigned area in line with the maintenance schedule.
- Select and size instrumentation and valving in accordance with process design criteria managing the instrument tag databases including the revision and allocation of new tags.
- Ensure that all instruments and valves are installed and commissioned in accordance with existing site standards and specifications and that any changes to existing plant instrumentation as requested through the work order system are in accordance with the department's change management procedures.
- Recommend new installations or modifications to improve plant control performance or replacement of defective or obsolete instrumentations for control equipment systems and subsystems.
- Supervise and monitors the progress of all types of routine, breakdown, and planned maintenance activities, so as to minimize downtime for the equipment for increased plant productivity.
- Ensure instrument documentation (P&IDs, datasheets, instrument list, loop, termination drawings. etc.) is revised in accordance with industry standards and kept up to date in an auditable format.
- Effectively manage costs within the team's business area including participation in the budgeting process, financial analysis, and cost-benefit assessments.
- 10+ years relevant work experience in O&G or Chemical industries, including 5 years as a leader (essential).
- Dual Electrical & Instrumentation trade qualification or certification (essential).
- Australian, New Zealand or PNG Power Electrical Licenses (essential).
- High Voltage Switching Accreditation (essential).
- Radiation Safety Officer accreditation (desirable).
- Experience in a large mining or heavy industrial environment in electrical and instrumentation roles with significant high voltage switching and HV power reticulation experience.
- Extensive experience within a large-scale complex processing plant or heavy industry.
- Advanced understanding of the principles associated with the repair and maintenance of industrial electrical equipment including HV and LV motors, motor control centres, variable speed drives, power distribution, and lighting systems.
- Advanced understanding of the principles associated with the installation, repair, and calibration of industrial instrumentation including flow, pressure, temperature, density, position, and chemical analysis instruments.
- Proficient in the reading/interpretation and accurate updating of electrical drawings.
- Must be open to working FIFO in PNG.
- Ability to provide/obtain valid police clearance.
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment.
This position gives you the opportunity to be a part of one of the world's largest and most technically challenging gold deposits across Australasia. A market-competitive remuneration package is on offer for the successful candidate. Contact Us
Newcrest's commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share these values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.