Requisition ID: 84636 Job Category:
Infrastructure; Engineering Location:
Ambler, PA, United States
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining , energy , and infrastructure , our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
Our expertise in infrastructure includes aviation, highways and bridges, planning and advisory services, ports, rail and transit, tunnels, and water. Want to be part of the creation and construction of our cities? Then the infrastructure team is for you!
Hatch Engineering, experts in business and technical experience in mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors is currently seeking a Rail Operations Analyst to work in our Brooklyn, NY and Ambler, PA offices. Other locations in the US will be considered. As successful candidate, you will:
You bring to the role:
- Use Hatch's TrainOps® software to simulate train performance and evaluate rail network operations and capacity.
- Manage the development of client rail service and operating plans, and support Operations and Maintenance cost modeling work.
- Assist Project M anagers, Directors, and other Analysts to study and analyze transportation networks, benchmark rail system capacity, and plan operations.
- Conduct analyses of travel time, rail system capacity, network improvements, and control line optimization.
- Author technical reports, give client facing presentations, and perform quality reviews.
- Undergraduate or post-graduate degree in engineering, math, computer science, physics, environmental science, planning, policy, or related field (relevant professional experience will be considered as a substitute for academic degree requirements)
- At least 2 years practical industry experience in rail operations, including service planning and operating plan development.
- Prior experience using rail simulation software such as Berkeley Simulation Systems' RTC, OpenTrack, Systra's RailSim and/or Transportation Decision System's OnTrack software is desired but not required.
- Experience with rail operating rules development/interpretation and/or transportation systems management is desirable.
- Knowledge of rail systems, signals, vehicles or operations.
- Proficiency in office productivity software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work well in a team
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
#LI-RC1 Nearest Major Market:
Philadelphia Job Segment:
Sustainability, Computer Science, Operations Manager, Engineer, Energy, Technology, Operations, Engineering