Trainer - Fabrication (Short Term) Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia. Reporting to: Maintenance Training Coordinator
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Trainer - Fabrication. Role Summary
Reporting to the Maintenance Training Coordinator
, your duties will include but not limited to the following; Responsibilities
- Develop and implement training programs for fabrication and welding team which include on-the-job training.
- Deliver approved packages on metal fabrication and welding related field including safety packages to agreed standards.
- Conducting training needs Analysis as required and ensuring validity of training programs.
- Develop, document and revise metal fabrication and welding specialized training packages and SWP (standard Working procedures) as per standard course development process to meet current training needs and state of the art technology.
- Provision of ongoing technical support to Fabricators and Welders who have received training.
- Monitor the training compliance with the requirements of Maintenance Welding and Fabrication trades
- Maintain Training records of employees both electronically and hard copies in compliance with company procedures
- Any other duties as directed by the supervisor
Experience & Qualifications
- Grade Twelve Certificate.
- Advanced Technician Certificate in Metal Fabrication and Welding or equivalent
- Teaching methodology qualification
- Certificate in IV Workplace Training and Assessment/ Training and Development qualification (or equivalent)
- Must have Specialized welding skills e.g Coded welding, MIG Welding, TIG Welding
- Able to read and interpret Blueprints.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Fabrication Training role
- Strong Safety knowledge also added advantage.
- Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ)
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
If you meet the requirements, submit your online application by clicking 'APPLY NOW'.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks .
093880 Posting Date
2021-10-30 Job Schedule
Full time Locations