You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well? Notify me of jobs like this
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
Our client is involved in major capital and infrastructure projects in BC and has been tremendously growing their team within the last few years.
They are committed to stimulate a work domain that supports in protecting the environment and sustain the economy. As they foresee continuous growth potential, they are seeking to fill a strategic Area Lead of Planning & Scheduling role, a newly created role who would take part in developing their group into a more competitive and collaborative team of experts in their own chosen field.
• Reports directly to Director of Project Controls.
• Key resource in providing general project controls management services with focus on planning and scheduling.
• Develop and implement best practice schedule planning and management policies, processes and procedures to support the size, scale and complexity of major capital projects.
• Apply a continuous improvement mindset to develop standardized and streamlined tools and templates related to schedule planning, management and reporting.
• Collaborate with project controls leadership in the development, roll out, training and communication with project team members in the implementation of new processes or procedures.
• Ensure change management best practices and competing project specific constraints to support project team buy-in and adherence are considered.
• Pursue standardization and streamlining to improve efficiencies in schedule reporting, including continuous improvement of tools and techniques
• Develop and implement the consistent use of best-practice processes utilizing Prism and Primavera P6, for project planning and scheduling.
• Deploying training programs to ensure projects team member's qualification regarding planning & scheduling processes & tools.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business Administration
• 8 years of experience in Planning/Scheduling, Construction and Commissioning experience at a management/ leadership level, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
• Heavy industry experiences in an EPC, EPCM, mining, oil & gas, heavy infrastructure environment.
• Must have a breadth of experience overseeing all aspects of planning and scheduling on major projects of at least $100 million.
• Expertise in Primavera P6 and working knowledge of other scheduling software (e.g. MS Project) is required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and knowledge in project controls related software such as Prism, SAP and Oracle are an essential asset.
• Must have excellent leadership qualities, management skills and excellent written and oral communication skills to interface with all contacts including all levels of business and external stakeholders.
• Able to collaborate with directors & managers in other teams/ departments/ divisions to collect information, support their needs for information & analyses, and providing feedback and guidance.
**Excellent value proposition awaits the successful candidate.**
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. TRS is an equal opportunity company.
TRS Staffing Solutions (Canada) Inc. specializes in supplying engineers, designers, project managers, and other technical and professional services personnel to a broad spectrum of industries worldwide.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, or any other criteria protected by governing law.