The purpose of this role is to coordinate talent management, leadership and employee development training efforts for Nyrstar Middle TN Mine. This individual will cooridnate with the site Mine Trainer to ensure all training is propely recorded and maintained and will partner with leadership to focus on solutions to build necessary skills and competencies to all MTN mines to reach it's full potential.Key Accountabilities:
- Comply with statutory / legislative requirements
- Ensure SHEC guidelines and procedures are included in plans, decision making, systems and processes
- Promote awareness and deliver work area targets to prevent harm
- Achieve or surpass safety objectives for your work area
- Ensure fitness for work compliance
- Conduct business of your work area in exemplary manner in terms of ethical, commercial, legislative and community expectations and requirements.
- Demonstrate and promote a high level of safety and environmental awareness amongst your colleagues
- Supports Nyrstar values of preventing harm, being open and honest, keeping our word, taking bold decisions, be driven, use innovative and creative thinking, and creating value.
- Ensure compliance with statutory / legislative and Corporate requirements
- Conduct Competency based training and maintain related records for employees.
- Identify training and development requirements by conducting needs analysis on site results, job requirements, operational problems, business plan, and existing training programs
- Develop and implement training programs and workflows for Mine, Mill, Maintenance and Support function employees
- Ensure all trainings are effectively budgeted and monitored to within cost constraints
- Develop methods and tools to measure development and training initiative impact and effectiveness across the site
- Facilitate implementation of training programs to ensure success of the business plan
- Coordinate training schedules, monitor and record training activities ( Include training simulator )
- Identify, select and manage outside resources for training services if needed
- Be aware and seek all the training funds available for East Tennessee Mines
- Facilitate site wide training sessions as required
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related discipline
- 3 years' experience in HR, training or organizational development
- Active professional certification (e.g., PHR, SHRM-CP)
- Strong computer skills, Excellent Organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- SAP IT Systems knowledge, desirable