Globe 24-7 in partnership with Newcrest Mining, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent to join their Mining Team at their Lihir Gold Operations (LGO). The Company
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, they aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
At Newcrest, they hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem-solving. The Role
We are seeking a Senior Specialist in Fleet Maintenance Planning
To provide leadership, support and coaching to the Mobile Fleet Maintenance Planning Team to ensure maintenance work is planned and scheduled effectively, as well as driving maintenance business processes to achieve high performing assets that are reliable and meet the business objectives. Role Accountabilities
Qualifications and technical experience include but are not limited to:
- Drives and influences proactive safety behaviours within workgroups through visible leadership.
- Plans work so that it can be conducted safely; and considers environmental conditions, nearby activities, and the people and other resources needed to complete the work.
- Embodies the Newcrest safety values through leading by example and displaying visible leadership
- Ensure mobile fleet maintenance planning deliver accurate schedules to achieve maintenance strategy compliance.
- Ensure the integrity of SAP data is reflective of actual maintenance being performed through regular reviews.
- Work closely with Reliability team to optimise maintenance plans and master data
- Develops team members through regular feedback, coaching and formal training.
- Creates opportunities for people to work together to enable them to contribute to the business and learn from each other.
- Develop skills of SAP users in the maintenance execution teams
- Ensures maintenance work is completed within approved budget and manages any variances
- Actively seeks cost reduction opportunities.
- Trade Certificate in Diesel Fitting, Heavy Equipment Fitting or higher qualification in Engineering essential.
- Relevant tertiary qualification advantageous
- Experience in a maintenance planning role for mobile plant equipment in large scale mining operations.
- Experience leading a team.
- Extensive SAP Planning and Master Data Knowledge
- Previous experience in delivering training and coaching desirable.
- Excellent verbal, written & communication skills.
- Strong planning, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and autonomously.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Strong active listening & interpersonal skills for rapport building, conflict resolution & training.
- Ability to manage a 22/20 FIFO roster in Lihir, PNG.
- Ability to provide/obtain a valid police clearance
- Ability to complete a pre-employment medical assessment
- Ability to obtain PNG Driver's Licence - Class 6
This position gives you the opportunity to be a part of one of the world's largest and most technically challenging gold deposits across Australasia. A market-competitive remuneration package is on offer for the successful candidate. Newcrest offers flexible, hybrid, working arrangements. Contact Us
Newcrest's commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share these values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.