Facility Controller - Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne
- Rotating 24/7 shift role - operations / engineering services team
- Competitive over award salary
- Immediate Start
- Provide Engineering support to a world class facility
Our Facilities Management contract at the Royal Children's Hospital (RCH) represents one of Downer's largest contracts in the Health sector.
You will be part of the Operations team, reporting to the Facility Services Manager. This is a unique opportunity to join this team working with an important client with responsibilities including:
- Providing the first line response and support to the facility, together with performing regular daily testing and checks of systems and components within the facility.
- Carry out maintenance and repair activities to ensure business continuity, maintaining operational and safety requirements, and to meet contract conditions and customer requirements. This may include testing, fault finding, temporary fixes, change outs, and other tasks of relating to plant, equipment, buildings and fixtures.
- Assist with the management of work requests including allocations to appropriate trades.
- Strong collaboration with onsite trades teams and the supervision and direction of contractors.
- Provide immediate response to support the management of critical incidents or issues throughout the facility.
Working within the Operations team and closely with security and RCH staff, the role is hands-on, and requires the successful candidate to manage competing priorities whilst consistently maintaining exceptional levels of customer service. Preference for a relevant trade or engineering qualification or similar, and the following experience:
- At least 3 years' working in commercial and / or healthcare facilities
- Previous experience providing maintenance services in a multi- site environment
- Previous experience working in a building maintenance position involving large volumes of assets and programmed servicing schedules
- Demonstrated experience in critical thinking and problem solving.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a multi-national company working with large and versatile teams. You will enjoy working in a fast paced, challenging and rewarding environment. The Royal Children's Hospital is a world class facility which offers a great opportunity to demonstrate and hone your facility services skills. On offer is long-term full-time position with a competitive over award salary along and a range of employee benefits (including retail discounts, financial services and lifestyle benefits).Apply online now, by clicking the 'apply' button below. Job Number: 591737Please note:
As a pre-requisite for these roles candidates will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and drug screen as well as a National Police Clearance, Working With Children's Check, and Covid 19 vaccination requirements. Downer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Indigenous Australians to apply.