- Perseus Mining Services
- Sudan (SD)
- Commensurate with market rates
- Closing date
- Jun 12, 2023
- Geology & GeoSciences
- Work Term
- Work Load
- Full Time
Perseus Mining Limited is a dual listed (ASX/TSX) gold miner, developer and explorer whose activities are focused on the African continent. The Perseus Group operates three gold mines: the Edikan Gold Mine in Ghana, and the Sissingué and Yaouré Gold Mines in Côte d'Ivoire. The Perseus Group also has exploration projects in Côte d'Ivoire and Sudan and is continuing to explore other African regions.
Perseus is implementing an organic growth strategy designed to maintain the Perseus Group’s gold production at or above 500,000-ounce per year gold producer from multiple operating mines located on the African continent.
- Act as an alternate to the Exploration Superintendent on the Meyas Sand Gold Project (MSGP).
- Provide technical management of the planning, implementation, and assessment of resource definition and exploration programs in the MSGP district and ensure these are conducted in a safe, sound, systematic, compliant, responsible, and cost-effective manner in accordance with the company’s goals, objectives, and core values.
- Implement agreed exploration programs on time and within budgets.
- Provide mentoring to technical personnel within the MSGP exploration team, and in conjunction with the Exploration Manager, make recommendations for relevant training and skills development.
- Assist the Exploration Superintendent in the development and maintenance of the MSGP acQuire database.
- Monitor the performance of effective QAQC protocols across the MSGP exploration programs and recommend modification to processes if required.
- Assist the Exploration Superintendent with financial, administrative, and logistical aspects associated with the execution of programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology (or similar).
- Significant relevant geological experience in exploration for gold mineralisation.
- Experience with the application of geochemical and geophysical data in the mineral’s exploration sphere.
- Proficiency in the use of GIS and other 3D geological, geochemical, and geophysical data analysis tools such as MapInfo-Discover, QGIS, Micromine and Leapfrog.
- Management of exploration programs in remote locations.
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills – English.
- A good level of competency at utilising Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and implementing exploration programs.
- Strong technical orientation combined with program management experience.
If you are interested in working with a highly committed, skilled, and dynamic team, please submit your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5 PM on Friday 28th April 2023. Please quote Geology Superintendent (Exploration) in the subject of your email.
Perseus Mining is an equal opportunity employer who supports and builds a diverse workforce. We value our people and help them build up their skills and take their careers to the next level.
*NO AGENCY REFERRALS WILL BE RECEIVED AT THIS TIME*
Perseus Mining Services is a rapidly growing, West African gold procedure, developer and explorer. Perseus operates three gold mines in West Africa, with its third mine, Yaouré, pouring its first gold in December 2020. Annual gold production will increase to more than 500,000 ounces per year by 2022.
- +618 6144 1700
437 Roberts Road
Apply for Geology Superintendent
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert