DISCOVER YOUR POTENTIAL. DEVELOP YOUR FUTURE. GROW WITH PANAUST.
- Advance your career and be a part of a high-performing mining company in Laos, with growth projects in Southeast Asia
- FIFO 28/14 or DIDO 9/5
- 2 Full-Time positions available
- Role reports to the Underground Superintendent
PanAust Limited is an Australian-headquartered copper and gold producer in Laos, with pre-development and exploration assets in Laos, Myanmar and Papua New Guinea (PNG). The Company is focused on a sustainable business model associated with the production and sale of copper and gold, delivery of production goals and growth.
Phu Bia Mining's producing assets are the Phu Kham Copper-Gold Operation and the Ban Houayxai Gold-Silver Operation, both located in the Company's 2,600 square-kilometre. The company has a Mineral Exploration and Production Agreement (MEPA) with the Government of Laos which regulated exploration, development and mining activities within the Contract Area, and sets out the Company's tax and royalty obligations. The Role
The Senior Mine Planning Engineer Underground reports to the Underground Superintendent. The role provides technical support for the PBM's Underground Project, achieves the required project safety and cost performance, and assists the project team and underground contractor in delivering the best project outcomes. The Senior Mine Planning Engineer Underground is required to spend most of the time doing planning and design work whilst managing and administering others' work. This role requires expertise and experience in the underground to run all sub-ordinate processes and systems.
The Senior Mine Planning Engineer Underground will also show high proficiency levels in mine planning software such as Deswik CAD, Deswik Sched, Deswik SO and other mining planning software.
You will also provide governance, ensuring compliance to PanAust policies, standards, and procedures; in particular, the position ensures compliance with PanAust financial DAM and business code of conduct. The role will ensure adherence to system commonality and the best use of capital and company resources, achieving the lowest per unit operating cost in line with the business model.Functional Responsibilities
- Identifying opportunities and implementing new processes to improve project management, implementation and productivity
- Preparing and implementing achievable long term and medium-term underground plans and budgets
- Providing or contributing to underground mine designs for a portal, decline, level drives, exploration drill drives, ventilation plan, ground support systems, mine dewatering system and surface and underground infrastructure in support of the BHX Deeps Project in a timely delivered
- The project plan provides the required development meters within the forecasted constraints. The necessary drilling and development schedules must be maintained within approved limits
- Providing an interface with the Environmental and Government Relations departments to ensure that all project activities comply with Phu Bia Mining and Government of Lao standards and requirement necessary for project approvals and permits
- Monitoring personnel to meet project requirements
Skills and experience
- Works cooperatively with Contractors, BHX Mine Production, Drill operation, Mine Geology, Civil engineering, Geotechnical, Mine Survey, Environmental and consultancy personnel regularly to ensure efficient project management and implementation
- Preparation of high-quality budgets, forecasts, actual cost and physical reporting utilising financial systems updated regularly
- Preparation of annual capital and operating budgets
- Demonstrated application and use of Production Management System to level 3 maturity or better
- Take the initiative in continuously searching for and implementing operational improvements in mining operations justified by quality-supporting analysis
- Ensures the adoption of SMART systems to integrate mining providing the best means of analysis to determine outcomes and corrective measures - promote innovation
- Implement key improvements projects derive from the Quarterly Goals/Game of Quarters initiative
- Ensure high-quality documentation and reporting of CI work programs
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
- Extensive site-based operational expertise and experience in SE Asia is highly desirable
- Minimum of 10+ years' experience in a similar role
- Proficient user of MS Office software (Excel, Word, Project).
- Effective communicator able to demonstrate skills with senior executive managers and site-based personnel
- Excellent organisational and planning skills with an ability to multitask to meet agreed deadlines.
- Team orientated individual who contributes to a productive working environment using a collaborative approach.
- Exceptional analytical capability coupled with an astute commercial focus and attention to detail.
- Greenfield experience an advantage but not essential
High performance outcomes, Respect for people, Integrity, Excellence in communications, High-calibre people and Alignment of employee to company objectives Benefits
We offer a competitive remuneration packaging including bonus incentive (potential tax advantages). This role is offered on an attractive Fly in, Fly out roster with transport to and from site provided by the company, with travel in company time. Our modern mine camp provides a range of Western and Asian food, wet mess as well as sporting and recreational facilities, including football field, gym and pool tables.
If you opt for the DIDO roster, you will also receive a Monthly housing allowance, School fees ( if applicable) and many more benefits.If this role matches your background and experience then please apply to find out more