Haul Truck Operator
- Scout Talent Group
- Mount Milligan Mine, BC, Canada
- Closing date
- Jun 24, 2023
- Machinery Operators
- Work Term
- Work Load
- Full Time
- Become a valuable addition to Centerra's Mount Milligan Mine operations team
- Boost your career by joining an established organization
- Receive a highly competitive salary based on skills and experience plus benefits
About Centerra Gold
Headquartered in Toronto, Centerra Gold (TSX: CG) is one of the leading North American gold and copper producers engaged in the operation, exploration, development, and acquisition in Asia, North America, and other markets worldwide.
Centerra's vision is to build a team-based culture of excellence that responsibly delivers sustainable value and growth. We are committed to the safety, integrity, ethics, and fairness of our operations, promoting the highest standards of ethical business conduct of our employees, officers, and directors.
For more information, please see our website .
About Mount Milligan Mine
Located approximately 155 kilometres northwest of Prince George in central BC, the Mount Milligan Mine is a conventional truck-shovel open-pit copper and gold mine and concentrator with a 60,000 tpd capacity copper flotation processing plant.
Mount Milligan operates with comfortable camp accommodations equipped with private washrooms, TV, Wi-Fi, an onsite gym, and other recreational activities. Bus transportation to and from site is provided free of charge from several locations within the region.
Mount Milligan promotes a drug and alcohol-free workplace and has adopted a zero-tolerance policy with respect to alcohol or unauthorized drugs on site.
About the Opportunity
We have an opportunity for a full-time Haul Truck Operator to join our Mount Milligan Mine operations site.
This is a camp-based position, with a rotation of 7 days on / 7 days off , with a 12-hour daily schedule.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the operational integrity of the Mining department as required to achieve safety, environmental, quality, costs, production and continuous improvement targets
- Performing pre-shift and post-shift safety inspections and completing daily equipment reports
- Reporting unsafe mechanical conditions to a supervisor
- Maintaining good housekeeping practices on equipment
- Following established traffic patterns, avoiding road hazards and other hazardous conditions
To qualify for the Haul Truck Operator role, you must have 2+ year experience running heavy equipment. Previous experience operating hauling trucks would be preferred.
T he following skills and experiences will also be critical to successfully performing this role:
- Attention and compliance to established safety rules and guidelines
- Ability to stay alert and pay attention to detail during all hours and weather conditions encountered during a shift
- Ability to safely climb and access equipment, as well as lift heavy objects up to 50lbs
- Strong leadership/team skills and the ability to work independently as required
- Valid Drivers License
Experience in an open pit mining environment would be considered an asset.
The ideal candidate will also be a self-motivated team player with a g ood work ethic and a strong attitude toward safety .
About the Benefits
As a valued member of Centerra's Mount Milligan Mine operations team, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary based on skills and experience, based on experience, skills, and qualifications. You'll also gain access to some incredible benefits, including:
- Tax-free travel allowance commensurate with the distance required for travel
- Extended group health, dental, vision, and travel insurance
- Life Insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D
- Company-sponsored pension with Company match
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Healthcare Spending Account / Lifestyle Wellness Spending Account
- Reimbursements on work gear and equipment
- Annual Incentive Bonus
- Employee Share Purchase Plan with Company match
- Parental leave top-up program
- Professional development within the organization
- Join a company committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion
This is your chance to be part of an established, industry-leading global organization with incredible room for career growth and personal development.
If you have the skills necessary to bring success to the role, then we invite you to apply today!
At Scout Talent, we strive to be the place that sets people on the right path to their ideal career. In a knowledge economy, organizations that recruit the best people are the ones that succeed and outperform their competitors. This belief has guided us for more than 20 years in our mission to empower organizations by optimizing their recruitment strategy. We have served thousands of happy clients, delivering unparalleled recruitment services and innovative software solutions to improve how they attract and hire their biggest asset: their people.
- Scout Talent Group
406 - 1199 West Pender Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert