Requisition ID: 87896 Job Category:
Boston, MA, United States
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining , energy , and infrastructure , our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
Our expertise in infrastructure includes aviation, highways and bridges, planning and advisory services, ports, rail and transit, tunnels, and water. Want to be part of the creation and construction of our cities? Then the infrastructure team is for you!Transit System Assurance, Reliability, Safety and Security Consultant (Hatch Associates Consultants, Inc., Boston, MA):
Developing and reviewing Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, and Safety (RAMS) documentation. Reviewing and developing system assurance analyses and documentation such as System Hazard Analysis and Interface Hazard Analysis. Creating and managing detailed hazard analyses for all stages of a project. Perform failure analysis of rail system designs. Preparing technical reports and presenting to clients, and project teams. Developing safety and security plans. Develop contract specifications for RAMS elements for rail projects. Reviewing and analyzing reliability data. Facilitating Hazard identification and failure mode workshops with stakeholder, including designers and clients. Performing independent review and audits of safety and reliability activities performed by others. Setting up and managing Hazard log and providing metrics to measure progress. Reviewing test plans, procedures and reports for the testing of safety related systems. Developing safety certification evidence to demonstrate the safety of rail/transit systems.
Telecommuting permitted 1 day a week.
Full time employment, Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, electronics engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science, or a related field, and 3 years of post-bachelor's related work experience.
Of the required experience, must have 3 years of experience in each of the following:
- Supporting the design lifecycle with rail/transit systems assurance standards, including MIL-STD-882, EN50126, EN50128 and EN50129;
- Applying OSHA standards and regulations for RAMS analysis and review;
- Undertaking system safety and RAM activities for feasibility studies, concept and detailed design, and implementation phases of rail and transit projects;
- Developing system assurance activities and deliverables, including, system safety and RAM Plans;
- Facilitating and performing Hazard Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Quantitative Risk Assessment, RAM Reports and System Safety Reports;
- Performing Hazard management and executing system safety plans;
- Performing risk assessment of railway systems;
- Performing reliability engineering and modelling for railway systems;
- Developing system assurance analyses and documentation such as SHA and IHA;
- Working with rail systems: signaling, tunnel ventilation, traction power, overhead catenary, track, structures, communications, EMI/EMC or rail vehicles;
- Systems engineering lifecycle (including ISO 15288) and the INCOSE Guide to Systems Engineering;
- Performing Safety and Reliability analysis using software tools: Isograph Workbench, DOORS, ComplyPRO, or Item Toolkit; and
- Defining and assessing Safety Integrity Levels (SIL) for safety functions.
Of the required experience, must have 2 years of experience in working with a transportation agency or contractors/suppliers in the rail or transit industry.
Telecommuting permitted 1 day a week.
International travel required up to 10%; Domestic travel required up to 25%.
TO APPLY: Click "Apply Now". Should you have any difficulty in applying for this position through our website, please email email@example.com for assistance.
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
[[req_postHashtag]] Nearest Major Market:
Boston Job Segment:
Sustainability, Testing, Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineer, Energy, Technology, Engineering