The Opportunity - Permanent full-time position
Are you looking to be home every night, yet still have the opportunity to work at a world-class refining operation? If so, this is your opportunity to live, work and play a short drive from stunning coastlines, scenic trails and the food and wine heartland of the west.
As a Process Control Engineer at our South32 Worsley refinery you will be crucial to providing support for engineering, maintenance and management of process control applications, process reporting tools, user interfaces and Safety control systems. You will be working alongside an experienced group of peers, working to ensure safe and sustainable operation of the refinery.Location
This role will be based at our Worsley Alumina Refinery
which is a short drive from Collie (15 minutes), Bunbury (35 minutes) and other nearby scenic communities.
Relocation assistance may be offered to the successful applicant to assist with relocation costs. Accountabilities
- Collaborating with stakeholders to identify plant-wide priorities in our process control systems, aid in troubleshooting and resolving problems to improve overall safety, cost and production outcomes
- Undertakes growth and maintenance of advanced control as it applies to the Worsley Alumina's Mine, Materials, Refinery and Port areas.
- Assists in the training of operating personnel to ensure effective usage of the systems
- Support Variance Analysis where deviations have occurred and identify opportunities for improvement
- Ensure the Change Management Procedure is applied where applicable
- Provide support for projects, including Capital uplift and decarbonisation
- Ensure compliance to all relevant legislation.
- 5 years' experience is desirable in engineering, implementation and commissioning of process control applications
- Experience on the below control systems is highly regarded but not essential; Honeywell Process Control System - EPKS and TPS, Modicon/Quantum PLC, Siemens PCS7, SEL RTAC and ABB MicroScada
- Good understanding of Instrumentation and Control communication networks and protocols
- Experience with Safety Systems (SIS) or Burner Management Systems (BMS) is preferred but not required
- Experience in multi-variable control and optimisers applications is highly regarded
- Tertiary level qualifications (Bachelor Degree or higher) related to Process Control Engineering (such as Electrical/Instrumentation and Control / Process / Chemical Engineering or similar)
- Demonstrated, advanced written and oral English language proficiency.
As part of the Worsley Alumina team, you will enjoy:
About Worsley Alumina
- Competitive Salaries
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Novated lease, salary sacrifice and flexible work arrangements
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Incentive bonuses
- Additional employer superannuation contributions which depend on the level of employee contributions you choose
- Free onsite gym
- Exclusive employee discounts including health insurance, technology and travel
- Worsley Social Club membership options - including employee social events, ticket discounts and more
Located in the picturesque south-west and Peel regions of Western Australia, South32 Worsley Alumina is on a journey to become the world's leading Alumina producer where our 1500 workforce value the lifestyle that Worsley Alumina has to offer.
Our integrated Bauxite Mine, Alumina Refinery and Port Operation is creating the essential products needed for a sustainable low carbon future.Our Culture
At Worsley Alumina, our people are key to unlocking the potential of our operation and becoming the world's leading Alumina producer.
If you value and care
for your colleagues and families, enjoy a culture of trust
and have a desire for excellence
to safely produce the products of the future, then we would love to hear from you.
As an employee, you can help shape the future of our operation through our:
- Worsley Workforce Committee directly improving our employee experience
- Worsley Inclusion Network leading change initiatives across Worsley Alumina to increase Inclusion and Diversity in our workplace
- Reconciliation Action Plan Working Group working closely with our First Nations employees and community members to increase First Nations representation across Worsley Alumina.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is not a requirement of employment at South32 Worsley Alumina. Please note: This advertisement will close on the 10th July 2023