South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people's lives now and for generations to come. We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America. With a focus on growing our base metals exposure, we also have two development options in North America and several partnerships with junior explorers around the world.
Following the acquisition of Arizona Mining, South32 is the new owner of the Hermosa Project, a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in Arizona.
South32's purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people's lives now and for generations to come. We work closely with their host communities to create enduring social and economic value through local employment, infrastructure and facilities development and community investment programs.
The location of this role is the Tucson, Arizona office. The Role
The Contracts & procurement Specialist will provide contracts and procurement support to the project team for the entire contract and procurement life cycle including pre-award and post award activities. Lead procurement and contract management activities relevant to company projects, maintaining cost control, supply chain processes, contract negotiations, and vendor performance. Accountabilities
( Include but are not limited to) : Individual Accountabilities:
Qualifications, Skills, and Expertise:
- Development of contracting and procurement strategies aligned to project scope and timing.
- Execute pre-award contract and procurement activities including RFP preparation, and full tendering processes.
- Preform proposal's commercial evaluation, clarification & adjudication, contract development, negotiation, and recommendation for award.
- Participate in risk reviews including analysis and communication of potential risks that contract changes may pose to the project.
- Preform post award contract and procurement activities including order issuance, contractor system onboarding, pre-mobilization checklist.
- Directly management of contractor / supplier in all contract activities including, progress meetings, invoice validation, change management, performance reporting (KPI reporting, contract changes, claims management, etc.) and complete contract close out.
- Have an ability to gain credibility with vendors and persuade people to adhere to an agreed commercial strategic approach is critical.
- Ensure the company's code of business conduct, health, safety, and sustainability values are communicated and adhered to by our vendors and service providers.
- Responsible for developing, enforcing, and improving contracts and procurement processes.
- Completed Bachelor's Degree in either Supply Chain, Business Administration, Accounting, Engineering, Construction Management, or related field.
- Certifications such as Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), Certified in Supply Management (CSM), or other recognized supply chain certifications considered an asset. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint, Aconex, Contract Management/ERP systems
- Minimum of two (5) years of project, construction, or mining industry contracts & procurement experience
- Previous contract & procurement applications experience such as SAP, Ariba, CCMS, etc.
- Capital project experience/EPCM experience preferable
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining a safe work culture
- Ability to work under pressure, maintain composure, set priorities, and work with a project team
- Maintain high standards of professional and ethical conduct
- Strong English language written and oral communication skills
- Effective communication with other departments and leadership
- Extensive experience within major projects contract law, or contract management
- Strong negotiation skills
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We're focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organization, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.Nearest Major Market: