Requisition ID: 88710 Job Category:
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining , energy , and infrastructure , our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally.
Our Project Delivery Group (PDG) is a dynamic team of professionals passionately committed to world-class project delivery across the globe. With expertise in sustainable studies, asset building and operations, and industry-leading efficiencies, our best-in-class team leverages methodologies, governance and systems that are unparalleled in the engineering space. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
This role will be involved in all aspects of control systems engineering, ranging from problem identification and definition through to solution development and commissioning. This position is located in Brisbane. As the successful applicant you will:
You will bring to this role:
- Review user requirements and functional specifications
- Coduct probem identification and site investigations
- Prepare functional descriptions verification and validation plans/procedures
- Control system configuration and coding including; controller and HMI functionality
- Assist clients to develop, deploy and commission functional changes and upgrades as required
Why join us?
- Degree qualification in a relevant area (i.e. Electrical, Computer, or Systems Engineering) with sound industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to work on a variety of critical plant and process applications
- Experience planning and implementing control system upgrades and platform migrations
- Working knowledge of industry trends, current best practices and regulatory requirements particularly in regard to HMI design and Alarm Management
- Proficient in the configuration of multiple PLC and DCS platforms e.g. Siemens, Emerson DeltaV and Honeywell Experion with sound configuration experience
- Knowledge of instrumentation, actuators and drives commonly found in the heavy industry and mineral processing sectors
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with your team, as well as both internal and external clients
- Proactive attitude towards safety and a demonstrated willingness to comply with safety requirements
- Proven ability to routinely review, assess and plan for hazards, managing risk at every phase in the project lifecycle
What we offer you?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, this includes supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace and a comprehensive benefit offering. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request. Job Segment:
Sustainability, Controls Engineer, Systems Engineer, Engineer, Energy, Engineering, Mining