We currently have an opportunity for a self-motivated, reliable Range Operator
based at Shoal Water Bay Training Area
. This position is responsible for the provision of Range and Training Area services within the Base Service Area.What's in it for you:
Your day to day activities:
- On the job training and upskilling
- Guaranteed Full Time Hours
- Work in an essential service industry
- Access to other Downer internal opportunities
What you'll bring:
- Attend Range Services Daily Briefing
- Use Defence Computer or Paper Bases System to read and advise on customer booking enquiries
- Facilitate movement onto and off the Range area
- Conduct Range maintenance as allocated
- Be a member of the Fire Response Team
- Our employees are the face of Downer and play a pivotal role in delivering the services commitment we have made to our clients.
Sound like the role for you? Click the 'Apply now' button below.
- Suitability for Defence security clearance (Australian citizenship mandatory)
- Intermediate literacy and computer skills
- Previous experience with transmission radio and telephone systems
- Must hold a current MR (or higher) Australian Drivers Licence
- Must have or be capable of attaining a workplace first aid qualification to National Certificate Level 2 standard
- Must have or be capable of attaining current operator licences for all Range vehicles and equipment
- Must have or be capable of attaining Fire Qualifications in Wildfire Response and Suppression
- The successful candidates will possess a strong work ethic, achieve highest level of safety, quality of work and have a genuine passion for excellent customer service
For further information please email Lucy.Boland@downergroup.comWho are we:
Downer Group employs approximately 50,000 people across more than 300 sites, primarily in Australia and New Zealand. Downer designs, builds and sustains assets, infrastructure and facilities and we are the leading provider of integrated services.
Downer Defence is the lead contractor providing Estate Maintenance and Operation Services (EMOS) for the Department of Defence in Queensland and Southern New South Wales. As lead contractor within the region we deliver a suite of services to support Defence capability.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We encourage Female and Indigenous applications to apply.