Nevada Gold Mines is looking for a Senior Short Range Planning Engineer to join our Leeville Underground team. Responsibilities:
- This role includes both supervisory and technical work supporting mine design, scheduling, paste backfill, continuous improvement projects, ventilation planning, and mine services planning.
- Provide technical and leadership mentorship to junior staff and assess their capabilities providing recommendations for development improvements. Seek development opportunities in support of this role.
- Work closely with Mid-Range Planning Group to ensure the short-range mine plan follows the strategic objectives for the region, and aligns with the mid range plan 1 week to 4 week planning horizon. Ensure that any significant changes that are required to be made to the short term plan that may impact the mid range plan are communicated back to the mid range planning group.
- Work cross-functionally with operations, geology, geotechnical, planning, projects, vendors and with site leadership teams to develop, implement and continually improve the short term mine plan. Ensure that utilities, required drilling, and planned rehabilitation tasks are considered in detail, and are scheduled accordingly (ventilation, water, power, communications etc.). Champion the adoption of improved approaches and tools. Obtain cooperation using effective change management and customer relations techniques.
- Improve the short term planning results for Leeville by fully understanding operational and technical constraints and their drivers and applying them to the mine plan. Deliver an executable design and mine plan to the operations group that is reviewed and approved by all relevant stakeholders.
- Liaise with the Mid Range Production Planning team to ensure that the short term mine plan follows the objectives of the medium term plan in the 0-4 week planning horizon. Similarly, ensure that any significant changes that are required to be made to the short-term plan are evaluated against the medium term plan and validated prior to execution.
- Use highly developed mine design, planning and scheduling skills in addition to demonstrating a sound knowledge of resource geology, geotechnical engineering, hydrology and ventilation, and financial analysis in order to support the above. Assemble the results of these analyses into presentations and reports suitable for supporting decision making by senior managers.
- Utilize the productivity and cost models developed for Leeville in support of the short term mine plan, and to test mine plan reliability.
- In all works ensure outputs are sufficiently developed; management systems and processes are adequately applied; and personal attention is appropriately directed to ensure that important deadlines are met and budget constraints are adhered to.
- Complete reporting as required, including weekly & monthly production summaries, variance explanations, and project progress.
- Assist the Mid & Long Range group when required in the completion of annual budgets and Reserve and Resource estimates.
- Communicate and interact with all relevant stakeholders throughout the work in order to ensure that outcomes are satisfactorily delivered and objectives are met.
What We Can Offer You
- B.S. degree in Engineering (preferred), or in a minerals related field and minimum 5 years of experience in a specialty area (required)
- Technical communication and presentation skills (required)
- Underground mining experience in both operations and engineering (preferred)
- Underground mine planning for short, mid and /or long-range planning horizons (required)
- Experience with Deswik CAD software, Microsoft Suite including Power BI, (preferred)
- Understanding of the mining, processing, S&ER value chains from conception to closure.
- Knowledge of SAP is beneficial but not required
- Demonstrable problem solving skills, with the ability to find solutions with a team or independently
- Strong leadership and decision making skills
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively convey implications of business evaluation and decisions
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Proactive work ethic with strong analytical skills and a high level of accuracy
- Demonstrated capacity to execute and hold self and others accountable for results
- The ability and willingness to train and develop team members
About Nevada Gold Mines
- A comprehensive compensation package including a competitive medical, dental, and vision plan with national provider networks, a 401k retirement plan with employer contribution AND employer match, paid time off, company-sponsored medical clinics, company match share purchase program, and much more!
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Endless opportunities to grow and learn with industry colleagues.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
- Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Nevada Gold Mines (NGM) is a joint venture between Barrick (61.5%) and Newmont (38.5%) that combined our significant assets across Nevada in 2019 to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world. NGM produces approximately 3.5 million ounces of gold a year. The massive mining operation comprises eight mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities and hosts three of Barrick's Tier One assets: Carlin, Cortez, and Turquoise Ridge. At NGM, our mission is to be the world's most valued gold mining business by finding, developing, and owning the best assets, with the best people, to deliver sustainable returns for our owners and partners.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Identification
221427 Posting Date
2022-09-22 Job Schedule
Full time Job Category
Carlin, NV, United States