A fantastic opportunity is available for an experienced Estimating Manager
to join our operations within our Industrial & Energy Business.
Committed to drive continuous improvement, innovative, cost effective process solutions and growth the successful candidate will join a well-developed, highly interactive team. Focussing on procedures and controls to enable accurate, timely and reliableABOUT THE ROLE
- Allocation of tendering workload to relevant Estimating staff;
- Responsible for the development of accurate and competitive pricing for labour, material and sub-contract costs for all tenders undertaken by the Estimating team;
- Submission of superior quality tenders containing new ideas and initiatives which differentiate from our competitors;
- Facilitate continuous improvement of the estimating function by analysing past work and implementing improvement;
- Maintain effective relationships through regular contact with customers, consultants and end users in price negotiations whilst maintaining customer satisfaction;
- Develop and maintain SMP estimating resource libraries and software to ensure estimating staff are using current pricing and rates; and
- Ensure that Preliminary Commitment Notices, Tender Preparation Requests and Tender Submission Requests are completed for all tender enquiries and are signed off by the relevant authority as required by Downer procedures.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Degree preferred or Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 10 years in heavy engineering or construction experience at a Senior Estimator/Estimating Manager role;
- Understands the process of Engineering Construction Estimating from Proposals Development to finalisation of major industrial project Pricing and Estimates;
- Excellent time management skills to manage multiple tasks with conflicting/strict deadlines;
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel)
- Excellent communication skills to build positive internal and external working relationships
- High levels of self-discipline, self-motivation, energy and initiative.
- Opportunity to be a part of a growing organisation during an exciting time of change
- Opportunity to lead the execution phase decisions within a Line of Business.
- Brisbane location preferable with a strong focus on your continual development and career progression with flexible work arrangement and an attractive remuneration package.
For more information, please contact Barry Richards - Recruitment & Sourcing on email@example.com