If you're like us, you don't have much time for the way things are.
Ausenco is a global company redefining what's possible. Our team is based across 26 offices in 14 countries, with projects in over 80 locations worldwide. Combining our deep technical expertise with a 30-year track record, we deliver innovative, value-add consulting studies, project delivery and sustainability solutions to the mining & metals, ports & infrastructure, and industrial sectors.
In the near future we will be looking to hire a Senior Atmospheric Environment Scientist
to join our Sustainability team. You will work on a variety of interesting and challenging projects across Canada and internationally. As an expert in all aspects of air quality and environmental noise assessment (including monitoring, emission estimates and modelling, acoustic modelling, climate projections), you bring scientific/technical mastery, sophisticated regulatory understanding, leadership skills, business acumen, and an entrepreneurial spirit along with a keen interest in growing and evolving the business, leading teams, and mentoring staff. This role will be base in British Columbia.About the role
- Providing technical expertise to our strategic initiative to grow atmospheric services including air quality, environmental noise across Canada.
- Developing and maintaining key client relationships and support growth of the team and business.
- Performing highly complex or specialized aspects of the work while overseeing projects involving multiple service areas and subcontracts as well as stakeholder, client and / or schedule challenges.
- Perform air permit applications, source inventories, emission summary and dispersion modelling, noise screening.
- Collaborate on Global and Regional Climate Change Scenarios assessment, downscaling and bias correction.
- Providing expert support and advice within and outside of the organization.
- Mentoring and developing staff.
- Recognized as an expert in atmospheric sciences with a dedication to and passion for your discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience providing air quality and noise monitoring, modelling and assessment services.
- Experience in the mining industry is a must. Experience in transportation would be an asset.
- Strong understanding of provincial and territory air and noise permitting requirements and federal environmental assessment requirements for air and noise in Canada and USA
- Regulatory, industry, and technical knowledge relating to permit applicability, emission inventories, air dispersion modeling, acoustic, noise and vibration.
- Possess understanding of climate models and projections, databases, and GHG accounting guidelines.
- Proficient in data science methods and statistical modeling.
- Professional designation in your province/territory is desired.
- Consulting acumen, including an entrepreneurial spirit, strong self-direction, and overarching belief in client satisfaction.
- Strong people skills and an ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience in leading, mentoring, and training staff.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills, proficiency in French or Spanish is an advantage.
Working for Ausenco means you won't settle for the status quo - you'll be part of a forward-thinking, culturally diverse organisation. We expect our people to deliver outstanding results and will give you the licence to find a better way forward for your clients and stakeholders.
In addition to a competitive remuneration package, we provide employees with a wide range of growth opportunities and training programs to build your skills and pursue your career path.Supporting a Diverse Workforc
e As a global company we embrace and encourage diversity in its fullest sense - gender, age, experience, nationality, colour, language, religion, location, disability, education, skills, working styles and time availability. Our work environments are based on mutual trust and respect for the rights and opportunities of every individual.