The individual in this role will be a part of Barr's Project Accounting/Billing team. The intern will work alongside the project accounting team to primarily support project setup and invoicing.
- Setting up proposal numbers and budgets
- Setting up new projects for billing as dictated by Barr and client requirements
- Preparing and sending invoices to clients according to Barr's requirements and contractual obligations
- Reviewing key administrative information such as proposals, work orders, and contracts to help ensure that appropriate staff members are informed and that invoices meet client requirements
- Creating documentation for Barr's new ERP system and project accounting processes and workflows
- Assisting with reporting and organizing data
- Participating in special projects as assigned
- Ongoing enrollment in a finance, business, or related program
- Junior or senior standing, with a minimum of one full-time semester of undergraduate or graduate course work remaining after the internship
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, time management, and follow through
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to provide proactive, high-quality service to internal and external clients
- Strong team mentality with a willingness to assist where needed to contribute to the group's success
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship from Barr, now or in the future
A hybrid work arrangement may be considered for this position. A hybrid work arrangement refers to splitting time worked between a Barr office and a home office. This position is based out of Barr's Minneapolis, Minnesota, office.
Barr Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.