Underground Mine Engineering Consultant
Vancouver, BC, Canada
SRK Consulting is an independent, international consulting practice, providing globally integrated consulting services to the international mining and metals sector.
We are seeking a Underground Mine Engineering Consultant. Description of Responsibilities:
The incumbent is responsible for providing technical support and consulting advice to SRK`s North American and international mining clients. The work typically includes making contributions to technical-economic reports, due diligence and trade-off studies, operational reviews, and project management. The position typically includes local and international travel, and sometimes travel is required with relatively short prior notice. The incumbent is expected to develop and maintain a client network in collaboration with the Vancouver Mining team.Essential Requirements:
In return for considering a future with us, we offer:
- An undergraduate and/or post-graduate degree in mine engineering from an accredited university or technical school.
- 3 to 5 years of experience with underground mine operations and/or underground mine engineering experience. SRK welcomes applications from more experienced applicants as well.
- Proficiency with Deswik mine design software or similar software.
- Demonstrated understanding of the key fundamentals of underground mineral projects enabling the incumbent to identify risks and opportunities in technical studies and related work.
- Ability to complete multiple work assignments in a dynamic, schedule-based environment, both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Registered Professional Engineer in British Columbia or an Engineer-in-Training with suitable qualifications for eventual registration as a Professional Engineer in British Columbia.
Applicants should respond by submitting their CV online by clicking the button below. The candidates under consideration will be contacted directly, no phone calls please.
- An attractive compensation package.
- Diversity of projects and clients within a non-hierarchical consultancy environment.
- Opportunity to purchase shares in the company; the SRK Group is an independent group, owned by its employees.