The Mine Engineer - Long-Term Planning will, under general supervision, support all facets of long-term planning including pit optimization, phase and dump designs, scheduling, reserves estimation and compliance, haulage simulations, cost inputs and analysis, equipment and capital calculations, and all other projects associated with the mine plan. As a member of the Technical Services team, the successful candidate will report to the Superintendent Mine Planning. The candidate will have a demonstrated record of being proactive and delivering quality analysis on-time.
• Contributes to site strategic planning, scheduling, design, and budgeting efforts using software such as Whittle, Deswik, Minemax, and Vulcan, to meet corporate objectives.
• Technical work may include block model building and manipulation, pit shell optimization, ultimate pit designs, pit phase designs, dumping designs and schedules, forecast and reserve mine plans, haulage analysis, and any other tasks as needed.
• Conducts financial, economic, and cost analyses leading to capital funding requests, equipment purchases, and cut-off grade analysis.
• Actively seeks optimization opportunities from baseline inputs of reserves and forecast.
• Works with all teams at site to ensure timely and safe implementation of mine plan, including capital projects and development.
• Applies industry best practices and knowledge of industry developments to analyze trends and lead improvements.
• Internal auditing of safe adherence to mine plans and procedures.
• Executes corporate and technical reports, such as LOM and NI 43-101 compliant reserves and resources reporting.
• Carries out all tasks independently or under limited supervision.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Bachelor's degree in Mine Engineering or related Engineering discipline, and seven (7) years related experience in open pit metal operations.
• Advanced oral and written skills in both English and Spanish.
• Advanced proficiency in Vulcan is required.
• Skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
• Advanced knowledge of the principles and best practices of Mine Engineering for an open pit metal mine.
• Advanced experience in open-pit mine design, scheduling, optimization, and business improvement.
• Advanced experience in block model building, manipulation, and auditing.
• Strong analytical skills and highly detail-oriented.
• Strong planning and problem-solving skills.
• Experience working at altitude >4000m would be advantageous.
• Ability to work in a team environment with geology, mine engineering and production personnel.
• Organized, motivated self-starter with high standards expected of themselves and others.
• Ability to work in and adapt to a dynamic fast-paced mine production environment.
Candidates who are interested in joining our dynamic team should submit to Veladero a resume and cover letter which specifically addresses how your experience aligns to the required 'Qualifications'.
Barrick Gold Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. Please visit our website at www.barrick.com to see the exciting projects we are currently working on.
Primary Location: Veladero, Argentina
Reports to: Superintendent - Mine Planning
Job Identification 225486
Posting Date 2023-07-17
Job Category Surface Mining
Locations Veladero, San Juan, Argentina