About The Role Schedule: 14x14Position Reports To: Chief Engineer
The successful candidate will be leading a small team of professionals. Primary tasks include, oversight of the drill and blast teams, short range planner, stockpile planner and dispatch EIT. Other tasks will include assisting with budget planning, strategic planning and managing projects for the operations, as well as technical support, coaching and mentoring to the Engineers in Training and Junior engineers to meet long-range planning objectives.Key Responsibilities:
- Preparation of Monthly, Quarterly and LOM Plans
- Forecast and evaluate costs, engineering, and mine planning data.
- Provide technical direction for the mine related to operations strategy and implementation.
- Review and implement operational plans and design changes.
- Review and action improvements to mining operation performance against plans and budget.
- Prepare monthly cost and performance reports and presentations to support planning results.
- Provide technical support where required.
- Mentor and coach EIT's and young engineers, performance evaluation and supervision.
Why New Gold?
- Bachelor's Degree in mining engineering or similar field and eligibility for membership with the PEO.
- Over 7 years of experience in mine engineering in an open pit environment.
- Strong experience in open pit short range planning, drill blast, Wenco and survey.
- MineSight software skill is a must
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Proven analytical skills and ability to think strategically
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team and leadership skills
- Strong leadership ability is essential
- Highly competitive base salary, compensation programs and a quarterly incentive program
- Extended Health & Dental Benefit
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance benefit
- Defined match contribution to group registered retirement savings account
- Travel & Accomodations provided