Accounts Payable Manager Location:
Columbus, MT - Corporate Schedule:
5x2, 4x3 - 9-hour days Job Responsibilities and Duties:
The accounts payable manager is responsible for ensuring that all payables are paid accurately, timely and within compliance of all applicable internal and external controls. The AP Manager is responsible for driving integration within procure-to-pay so that there is accurate delivery of payments and a continuous flow of information. They will champion the provision, development and maintenance of systems and processes. The incumbent would provide oversite and support for the accounts payable team and ensure that the department is following governance framework, maintaining and conforming to internal controls, and complying with a comprehensive document management system. Key Accountabilities Include:
Qualifications and Skills:
- Define, establish and set Key Performance Indices (KPI's) and hold groups accountable to KPI's.
- Lead the development of the annual budget for business function and integrate into site budget.
- Able to monitor and deliver Quarterly and Annual Plans
- Support solutions that are appropriate, timely, and cost effective.
- Proactively work with End Users and Suppliers to ensure Supply Chain goals and objectives are achieved, and value is being delivered
- Facilitate on-going efforts to improve supply chain performance through collaborative continuous improvement programs involving End Users
Education & Experience
- Deep level of understanding of risk management and risk based safety
- Relevant computer skills (MS Office - specifically MS Excel & applicable Accounts Payable modules).
- Systematic thinking and approach.
- Technical understanding of all accounting statements, GAAP, IRS and Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Advance knowledge on relevant policies and procedures.
- Comprehensive understanding of the Procure to Pay value stream.
- Excellent understanding of the risks involved in Accounts Payable
- Able to perform long Term Planning and Forecasting
- Analytical with attention to detail.
- Good budgeting and financial management skills.
- Good auditing skills.
- Good understanding of quality management practices, systems, techniques and best practice, including risk management and mitigation.
- Experience and understanding of fraud and banking relationship to monitor and mitigate risk where applicable.
- Understanding of principles and techniques of system and process design.
- Good Information Management skills
- Bachelor' s degree in a business, accounting or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in high volume transaction environment
- Minimum three (3) years' management or supervisory experience