Technical Consultant, Sustainability and DecarbonizationMining, Minerals, & Metals - AmericasAdvisian - the consulting arm of Worley. Be part of the solution.
The dual challenge of supplying energy to a growing population, while addressing the risks of climate change, is one of the greatest challenges the world is facing today. The energy transition isn't just about alternative fuels, power generation, or use, or storage. It's all the elements that contribute to the energy ecosystem. We view these challenges as opportunities to deliver a more sustainable world.
We're developing strategies and business cases for emissions intensive clients to move to low carbon energy options, as efficiently and safely as possible. Our consultants are advising customers on circular and hydrogen economies, water stewardship, electrification, and climate change risk and adaptation. We work on projects around the globe. The problems are global and so are we.Who we are:
Challenging complexity. Shaping a sustainable future.
- Advanced Analysis
- Asset Advisory
- Decommissioning and Restoration
- Energy Transition and Sustainability
- Environment and Society
- Market Services
- Safety Consulting
- Transport, Infrastructure & Logistics
Economic viability. Resource availability. Digital reliability. Carbon neutrality. These are the components of the world's pressing energy and resource problems. Sound complicated and tough to balance? It is.Luckily we thrive in complex environments
Join a community of consultants, scientists, strategists, and engineers all dedicated to solving the world's critical infrastructure, environmental, energy, and resource challenges. By seeing
things from a different perspective, we enhance the Worley Group's ability to serve our clients. We are together delivering a more sustainable world.We put sustainability at the heart of everything we do
We work with business to develop the right strategy, log in to a digital future, secure and safeguard social license, enhance local communities, and power the energy transition.
We know we won't solve today's problems by using the same thinking that created them. So, from start to finish, we challenge ourselves to find the best way forward. We question every decision, assumption, and way of working to make sure we get it right. The first time.Rising to the challenge, together
We are thousands of consultants across the globe. Be part of the future - welcome to our growing team!
We are hiring a Technical Consultant, Sustainability and Decarbonization Mining, Minerals, & Metals - Americas
to join our dynamic and diverse team and be central to our growth strategy.
The Mining, Minerals, & Metals (MMM) Sector plays a pivotal role in the energy transition. The requirement for more mines, processing facilities, and more overall production is faced with social pressure to become an increasingly sustainable industry. Our customers are challenged to rapidly develop profitable projects and improve existing operations while meeting new air, water, and land stewardship targets. Advisian's MMM Sustainability and Decarbonization team provides advisory consulting, and innovation to our customers to unlock value, achieve sustainability goals, and reach their business objectives. As a Technical Consultant in this team, you will combine your deep MMM sector knowledge and technical specialization to provide practical and innovative solutions to the projects and customers that are shaping our industry.
Advisian is a leading global advisory business providing bespoke services to our clients in the Energy, Power, Chemicals, Fuels, Gas, and Metals industries. Advisian has over 1,500 consultants in 25 countries, providing strategic technical consulting expertise to solve challenging issues. As part of the Worley Group, our Technical Consultants and Advisors have unparalleled access to the expertise of over 50,000 engineering, construction, fabrication, technology, and project development specialists from across the globe.
The MMM Sustainability and Decarbonization Consulting Team
focuses on enabling our customers to achieve new levels of energy efficiency, reduce carbon intensity, and deliver upon combined business growth and sustainability targets.
We are hiring Technical Consultants
, to support Sustainability and Decarbonization related consulting studies in the MMM Sustainability and Decarbonization Consulting Team
. We promote growth and training - as such, the consultant will be cross-trained to work across multiple sectors and practice areas. The candidate will join our dynamic and diverse Advisian team and be central to our growth strategy.
Consulting services provided by the MMM Sustainability and Decarbonization Consulting Team include strategy, technical due diligence, technology selection, FEL-0 and FEL-1 studies, concept studies, asset operational excellence advisory, and decarbonization/energy consulting.
The candidate will provide specialist consulting advice to clients. They will have and develop in-depth know-how of multiple relevant areas of mine development, and/or the processing of minerals and metals. They will have an understanding of preliminary process design, material balances, utility balances, cost-estimating, financial analysis, and operations in order to work with a diverse set of customers.Responsibilities
- The primary responsibility is the leadership and support of client studies. This will include elements such as study management, modeling, technology evaluation, flowsheet and material balance generation, and cost estimating support.
- Proposal support including customer meetings, proposal strategy, work estimates, and proposal writing.
- Technical support for sales opportunities including customer meetings.
- Development of marketing material and conference presentations.
- Compilation and analysis of current industry trends to map out new and future opportunities, technologies, and business strategies.
- Support the Decarbonization strategy team in the development and analysis of Decarbonization incentives, life-cycle emissions analyses, and carbon-reduction roadmaps.
- Mining, Metallurgical, or Chemical Engineering degree or equivalent
- 10-15 years of relevant engineering/consulting experience
- Excellence in customer experience facilitation, workshop leadership, and presentations
- Preferred: Experience and knowledge of mining or process design and technologies.
- Preferred: Understanding of regulatory and permitting considerations impacting customer operations.
- Experience with decarbonization concerns, techniques and mitigation approaches, in areas such as: Ore Sorting, Process Technology, Electrification, Renewables, Energy Usage Strategies, Energy Recovery and Storage, or Fugitive Emissions.
- Preferred; Experience in leading debottlenecking studies on operating mines and/or processing facilities
- Strong technical acumen and problem-solving, optimization, and analysis mindset.
- Financial modelling experience or exposure is preferred but not essential.
- Strong preference for location by our main offices in Vancouver, Calgary or Toronto. This position is open to remote working in unique cases.
- Site and or experience working for an owner/operator considered an asset.
- Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese considered an asset.
- Able and willing to travel on occasional short-duration business trips (10-15%).
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us. We are committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
We are looking for people who want to work on the difficult energy challenges that the world faces, particularly around the energy transition across industries. These are big challenges with real economic and social impacts. We want people who want to make a real difference.
You will be passionate about sustainability, have a commitment to a low carbon future and be pragmatic enough to understand this is a journey. You will understand there is no single simple solution, but that a portfolio of approaches is required to find the right balance between social, commercial, and environmental outcomes.
You will love innovation and new technology, will see the value of digital enablement, and will not be phased by change. You will have a strong desire to learn.
Advisian (part of the Worley Group) offers an excellent remuneration & benefits package, a friendly, professional, dynamic and flexible work environment along with the opportunity to develop your career prospects locally and internationally.
We strive to be an industry leader in health, safety and environmental performance. Our vision is to achieve zero harm to people and assets, and zero environmental incidents. We select people who share our values, beliefs and commitment to this vision and who demonstrate the expected behaviours, competencies and performance associated with their prospective roles within the company.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.