ourTechnical Trainer - Mining,
is responsible for providing technical training primarily on Komatsu Large/Ultra class haul trucks and support equipment, as required. The Technical Trainer
is responsible for training on the most advanced technology in the industry.
This position offers a hybrid
work arrangement and is based inFort McMurray or Acheson, AB.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Keep up to date with equipment developments as related to service requirements for Ultra Class Electric and Autonomous haul truck technologies.
- Train internal and external stakeholders to focus on the manufacturer recommended repair procedures and practices.
- Research, develop, and present specific training course criteria relating to the equipment supported by SMS Equipment.
- Act as a technical resource and provide a deeper understanding of equipment fundamentals.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with SMS Equipment's OEM technical training partners.
- Travel to various SMS branches located throughout Canada. International travel may be required.
The successful candidate will possess astrong mechanical and/or engineering orientation
. Preference will be given to those with at least 5 years experience in the mining and/or construction industry. Other requirements include:
- Heavy Equipment Technician Journeyperson or an Electrician Journeyperson with electric drive haul truck experience.
- Experience in mining or construction equipment repair, troubleshooting, and diagnostics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to present in front of small audiences.
- SMS Equipment will ensure the successful candidate receives ongoing training. A willingness to learn new ideas and technologies is a must.
- A desire to share skills and transfer knowledge to help make others into stronger technical personnel.
- Valid passport required.
As part of our recruitment process, you may be required to complete the following:
- Reference Check
- Drivers Abstract
At SMS Equipment, safety is one of our values and we care for each other, without exception. Our successful candidate is intrinsically motivated and committed to making safe choices, when completing all tasks.Applications will be received until a suitable candidate has been hired.We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
SMS Equipment offers rewarding careers in the heavy equipment industry across Canada. As the largest Komatsu dealer in North America, SMS Equipment gives you the opportunity to represent world-class quality in our product offerings and customer service. A few of the many benefits of working with SMS Equipment includecompetitive wages, comprehensive group benefits plans and RRSP matching.