Staff Consultant (Hydrogeology)
Vancouver, BC, Canada
SRK Consulting is an independent, international consulting practice, providing globally integrated consulting services to the international mining and metals sector.
We are seeking a Staff Consultant (Hydrogeology). Description of Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic team player with the motivation to work with the hydrogeology and broader GeoEnvironmental or Engineering groups and have a desire to learn and grow. The range of tasks will include basic field work, drill supervision for both hydrogeological and geotechnical characterization studies, hydrogeological instrumentation installation and operation, preparation of lithological and geotechnical logs, geological and geotechnical field mapping, working with databases, aquifer testing, data analysis and interpretation, hydrogeochemical sampling and writing.Essential Requirements:
In return for considering a future with us, we offer:
- Minimum of a bachelor`s degree in geology, geological/civil engineering, or physical geography, ideally with emphasis on geology, hydrogeology, hydrology, geotechnical (rock), engineering geology or related discipline with a strong emphasis in groundwater.
- Able to work on site independently with long hours in the field, tolerating variable weather conditions.
- Some technical proficiency in standard groundwater numerical modelling (finite difference and finite element), as well as knowledge of fracture flow and aqueous geochemistry.
- Good communication and writing skills are an important asset.
- Willing to travel locally, nationally and possibly internationally.
- Valid driver`s license with a good driving record.
- Professional registration or eligibility to obtain it.
Applicants should respond by submitting their CV online by clicking the button below. The candidates under consideration will be contacted directly, no phone calls please.
- An attractive compensation package.
- Diversity of projects and clients within a non-hierarchical consultancy environment.
- Opportunity to purchase shares in the company; the SRK Group is an independent group, owned by its employees.