Lumwana Mining Company seeks to recruit a highly motivated and committed employee for the position of a Coordinator - Process Training
to join the versatile Human Resource team. We are in search of individuals who can champion Barrick's DNA by:
- Communicating Honestly, Transparently, and Acting with Integrity
- Exhibiting a Results-Driven approach
- Delivering solutions that are Fit for Purpose
- Dedicating themselves to Building a Sustainable Legacy
- Taking Responsibility and being Accountable
- Committing to Zero Harm
- Cultivating strong and meaningful Partnerships
If you're ready to contribute to our world-class team
while embracing these values, we encourage you to apply and become a valued member of our diverse workforce.
Reporting to the Learning and Development Superintendent, you will be responsible for coordinating regular training within respective sections to ensure compliance with training delivery and standard operating procedures. Coordinate, and direct the training requirements for LMC Processing staff and Business Partners with the emphasis on safety, personnel development, and production. (Drive the TEVETA - Employer Based In- Service Training programmes for LMC ) Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Develop and maintain a cohesive training team to ensure employee job satisfaction and skill enhancement opportunities.
- Ensure personnel are adequately inducted in their work area and are aware of all workplace rules and critical procedures applying at LMC.
- Adhere to stringent quality control procedures to ensure consistent training quality is achieved in accordance with operational procedures.
- Ensure training and coaching is provided to all employees, with specific attention to National and Local employees as part of the Company's Training and Localisation Plan.
- Maintain a proactive approach to all aspects operational and behavioral safety and encourage teamwork within the department in line with LMC values
- Development of site-specific training manuals, procedures, and train as per the Skills Training Matrix for processing.
- Report and document all training across respective sections within the processing department and ensure that both soft and hard copy records are maintained and updated at all times.
- Assist in the identification of the training needs and work with Learning & Development Superintendent and all other Trainers to manage and implement the relevant training programmes.
- Participate in continuous improvement programs, communicate, and apply accordingly.
- Recommend and coordinate that authorised job specific training and coaching is provided to national supervisors as part of the company Training and Localisation plan.
- Coordinate a site succession plan within respective disciplines that are agreed by management.
- Develop and manage systems to enable the achievement of the LMC targets. Where site-wide or corporate systems exist, implement these to suit the objectives and needs of LMC operations.
- Drive the Employer Based In- Service Training programmes and be the point of Contact with TEVETA
What We Can Offer You:
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate.
- Minimum Diploma / Degree in Metallurgy/ Mineral Processing
- Diploma in Teaching Methodology
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessing /SAQA certificate or equivalent
- Accreditation by TEVATA as Trainer, Assessor and Examiner
- Valid EIZ /ERB certification
- Significant experience (5 years) in the process training field or vast experience in process operations.
- Experience in training and development of process operations in all technical operational disciplines of processing.
- Be physically fit and be able to pass a pre-employment medical examination.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Competent in incident/accident investigation
- Proven ability to deliver results and act as a change agent.
- Experience in managing costs and budgeting.
- Good computer skills with the ability to use integrated management systems.
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to grow and learn with industry colleagues
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization
Applicants that meet the above stated requirements are invited to submit their CVs to the Job Portal link: http://jobs.barrick.com/.
Barrick has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management.
Barrick offers employment opportunities to both qualified women and men Women who meet the above qualification are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 25 September 2023
. If you are not contacted by HR department within 30 days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. 'Be Aware of Fraudsters' Lumwana Mining Company does not solicit for payment of any funds towards the recruitment process. Job Identification
226413 Posting Date
2023-09-18 Apply Before
2023-09-25 Job Schedule
Full time Job Category
Human Resources Locations
Kalumbila, North West Province, Zambia