Lumwana Mining Company seeks to recruit a highly motivated and committed employee for the position of a High & Low Voltage (HV)Trucks Trainer
to join the versatile Human Resource team. We are in search of individuals who can champion Barrick's DNA by:
- Communicating Honestly, Transparently, and Acting with Integrity
- Exhibiting a Results-Driven approach
- Delivering solutions that are Fit for Purpose
- Dedicating themselves to Building a Sustainable Legacy
- Taking Responsibility and being Accountable
- Committing to Zero Harm
- Cultivating strong and meaningful Partnerships
If you're ready to contribute to our world-class team
while embracing these values, we encourage you to apply and become a valued member of our diverse workforce.
Reporting to the Training Coordinator - Maintenance, you will be responsible for application and monitoring of training systems and processes to ensure HV Truck Technicians have the required technical skills and trade competencies to achieve optimal equipment availability, reliability, and productivity of HV Electra haul trucks. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor and interpret electrical- Siemens training compliance in accordance with the requirements of HV Electra haul trucks preferably Hitachi EH4500-II.
- Implementation of electrical and Siemens training programs on Hitachi EH4500-II Electra haul trucks.
- Ensure personnel are adequately inducted in their work area and are aware of all workplace rules and critical procedures applying at Lumwana.
- Source appropriate electrical and Siemens training material and utilize all resources necessary to provide a cost effective and functional training matrix.
- Define and identify HV Electra haul trucks training needs as per Maintenance electrical organisation structure.
- Establish Safe Operating Procedures for all major tasks & operations.
- Ensure accurate training and competency records are maintained for HV truck technicians.
- Train HV Truck Technicians as per skills training matrix.
- Develop, maintain and up-date HV Electra haul trucks training manuals.
- Develop and implement HV Electra haul truck manuals, capability assessments and workplace competency assessments.
- Conduct assessments of HV Trucks Technicians to establish training needs analysis.
- Ensure appropriate facilities, procedures, and workforce competence to achieve legal compliance, incident prevention and the achievement of tasks in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Develop continuous improvement targets for the availability and reliability of HV Electra haul Trucks and measure achievement of these targets. To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate.
- Advanced Technical Trade Qualification from recognised Institutions
- Certificate IV Workplace Training and Assessment/ TEVET Technical Vocational & Training qualification (or equivalent)
- Accredited TEVETA Trainer & Assessor
- Member of The Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ & ERB)
- Be physically fit and be able to pass a pre-employment medical examination.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Proven ability to deliver results and act as a change agent.
- Good computer skills with the ability to use integrated management systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels.
What We Can Offer You:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to grow and learn with industry colleagues
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization
Applicants that meet the above stated requirements are invited to submit their CVs to the Job Portal link: http://jobs.barrick.com/.
Barrick has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management.
Barrick offers employment opportunities to both qualified women and men. Women who meet the above qualification are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 25 September 2023
. If you are not contacted by HR department within 30 days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. 'Be Aware of Fraudsters' Lumwana Mining Company does not solicit for payment of any funds towards the recruitment process. Job Identification
226417 Posting Date
2023-09-18 Apply Before
2023-09-25 Job Schedule
Full time Job Category