South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people's lives now and for generations to come. We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America. With a focus on growing our base metals exposure, we also have two development options in North America and several partnerships with junior explorers around the world.
Following the acquisition of Arizona Mining, South32 is the new owner of the Hermosa Project, a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in Arizona.
South32's purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people's lives now and for generations to come. We work closely with their host communities to create enduring social and economic value through local employment, infrastructure and facilities development and community investment programs.
The location of this role is the Tucson, Arizona office.The Role
To support the operations through a customer focused approach for the provision of financial and accounting analysis, explanation and advice on business outcomes in order to support management decision making and comply with reporting and statutory requirements. Accountabilities
(Include but are not limited to) :Individual Accountabilities:
Qualifications, Skills, and Expertise:
- Support Operations with the annual budget and monthly forecasting processes, including management approvals, and influence their plans where required.
- Support the Hermosa and Group Finance team to complete period closes including month end, half year end and full year reporting obligations
- Support risk management through risk identification and assessment, CMA completion, and performance of control activities like reconciliations etc
- Coach and support site based functional and operations personnel in finance processes and internal governance.
- Upskill the commercial competencies of operational personnel - including understanding value and decision analysis.
- Understand and communicate cost drivers and their impact on business outcomes.
- Resolve and communicate operational issues in Finance to meet business objectives
- Ensure site compliance to Company and Operational Standards and Procedures.
- BA/BS with CPA or candidate a plus
- Technical: Self-reliant contributor with distinctive proficiency in the Finance and Improvement area. Able to digest complex operational activities and communicate in simple concise language.
- Operational: Credible operational knowledge.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Valued team member who has influenced solutions with internal and external stakeholders at senior management level.
- System knowledge required
- At least 2 years' experience in accounting
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We're focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organization, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.Nearest Major Market: