At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture - the "First Quantum Way".
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That's how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.Job description:
Accountable to support the development and implementation of approvals strategies for Ravensthorpe Nickel Operation's (RNO) growth projects in alignment with the company's strategic and financial objectives.
This will include:
a) engaging with cross-functional teams responsible for all aspects of advancing new growth opportunities;
b) communicating status, timelines and risks of approvals to all involved stakeholders (both internal and external); and
c) identifying and mitigating approval risk as they relate to the opportunity.
Developing documentation and obtaining relevant environmental, planning and regulatory approvals and permits in accordance with growth project requirements.
S k i l l s , K n o w l e dge a n d Ex per i e nce
- Building relationships and conduct stakeholder liaison including customers, regulators, traditional owners, governmental bodies and shires.
- Support compliance with development and construction approvals associated with regulatory, environmental, planning and land tenure instruments.
- Oversee the identification and engagement of consultants who will undertake necessary site monitoring programs or survey activities as required, primarily for flora, fauna, geotechnical and heritage and data acquisition and report writing.
- Accountable for maintaining and continuously monitoring changes in environmental, regulatory, public policy, heritage and planning policies that impact the development and ownership of energy generation facilities and support the maintenance of the corporate growth strategy.
- Formal qualifications in a relevant Environmental discipline
- Minimum 10 years of field or industry experience, having worked on mining, infrastructure or clean energy generation projects.
- Strong understanding of environmental approvals, management systems, environmental protection legislation, governance, compliance and trends in industry.
- Understanding of native title, cultural and heritage matters as they relate to native title rights and interests and Traditional Owner liaison.
- Strong project approval background with an understanding of Greenfield and Brownfield approvals and development pathways, including regulatory, land tenure, Native Title and heritage and community stakeholder consultation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of West Australian environmental, regulatory and planning policy, legislation, regulations and guidelines.
- Demonstrated capability to identify approval risks and to develop and implement mitigation strategies.
- Experience with stakeholder consultation and governmental engagement relating to project approvals.
- Sound verbal and written communication skills required.
- Highly developed interpersonal qualities
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to record accurate high-quality data for use in documentation for statutory reporting
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.