is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world's largest publicly traded copper producers, the world's largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
Under limited Supervision, the Operational Excellence (OE) Coach encourages, empowers, facilitates and provides guidance to both leadership and business optimization teams to support corporate and site initiatives with little oversight. The OE Coach will guide and coach all team members formally and informally, with a keen focus on the organization's leaders, stakeholders, team members and employees, striving to unlock the full potential and curiosity in everyone while focusing on the highest impact, value-added work. The Coach will act as a subject matter expert across many topics and will embrace change while acting as a steward of transformational methodologies, encourage & standardize core Agile, Lean, Operational Excellence elements, other data-focused methodologies or other optimization principles in the organization and foster the Freeport Edge way of working.
- Build, facilitate and coach multiple high performing teams and business optimization initiatives; look for ways to strengthen team's understanding of Agile, e.g., Agile values, Scrum concepts and Agile principles, Lean methodologies, Operational Excellence elements or other optimization techniques. Coach teams to identify and weigh trade-offs between short- and long-term benefits to drive shared vision between the team.
- Teach and improve business optimization practices across the organization. Work closely with Operational Excellence leadership to build an enterprise that is more focused on aspirational goals, driving business value and outcomes based on data-driven analysis; play a key role in supporting one or more communities of practice.
- Evolve the ways of working based on the nature of work; this includes applying agile, Lean or other methodologies in more operational settings like running and maintaining a plant, a fleet, a piece of equipment, etc. Implement Operational Excellence elements (Management Systems, Technical System and People, Mindsets and Behaviors) to ensure a sustainable product. Develop, hone and apply new problem-solving techniques including bottleneck analysis, root cause analysis, Lean management, design thinking concepts, etc.
- Develop, hone and apply new problem-solving techniques including bottleneck analysis, root cause analysis, Lean management, design thinking concepts, line balance, overall equipment effectiveness (OEE), specific detailed diagnostic analyses, etc.
- Help to empower leadership teams in building, growing, and sustaining a thriving community and the Freeport Edge culture; foster a continuous learning environment, pressure and embrace the uncomfortable, and help teams to inspect & adapt
- Perform other duties as requested
- High School diploma or GED AND nine (9) years of experience in Operations, Operations Support, Engineering, Project Management, Professional Business settings, OR
- Bachelor's Degree AND five (5) years of experience in Operations, Operations Support, Engineering, Project Management, Professional Business settings OR
- Master's Degree AND three (3) years of experience in Operations, Operations Support, Engineering, Project Management, Professional Business settings
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization
- Passionate problem solver who succeeds in ambiguous situations; tirelessly advocates for the best possible solution
- Active coach and mentor whose goals are to grow and maximize the team's potential
- Strong communicator with emerging ability to communicate complex messages
- Was a participant (team member, SME) in prior business optimization team and is considered someone who could become an expert in transformation methodologies
- Unbiased facilitator; able to engage all people at all levels; emerging leadership skills
- Self-aware of cognitive biases and its impact on decision making. Decision making focused on the primary aim to build high performing teams, develop team members and deliver outcomes
- Challenger mindset and passion to challenge status quo to find new solutions and drive out of the box ideas - loves and embraces change especially in new and evolving environments
- Believes in a non-hierarchical culture of collaboration, transparency and trust across the team
- Passionate about understanding people and teams
- Learns new skills quickly and knows how to navigate the organization to find experts in specific domain
- Ability to receive and act on developmental feedback quickly
- The following are potential preferred qualifications that may be used depending on the needs of the team at the time of the posting:
- Background in mining and/or processing operations (technical/engineering, operations and/or maintenance leadership), or similar industry/manufacturing/transportation industry
- Experience with operating technical analysis or management systems (full potential, impact tracking, overall equipment effectiveness, pareto analysis, root cause problem solving)
- Strong skills using and upskilling in PowerPoint and Excel
- Can formulate questions to gain customer/process insight
- Experience standing up Management Systems (work standards, process confirmations, meeting standardization, lineouts and visual management efforts)
- Experience in Agile values and principles and/or Lean methodologies and practices
- Experience in working on, facilitating and/or coaching collaborative teams in support of understanding and achieving intended outcomes
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required.
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable state laws
At Freeport, we are committed to providing an employment package that recognizes excellence, rewards value and impact, and encourages safe production. Benefits and compensation are foundational elements of this package, along with career development opportunities, job progression and a culture supported by our core values, among others. Learn more at: FCX Jobs - Working Here Benefits:
We provide an industry-leading benefits package with some of the lowest cost to employees - offering health, wellness, life insurance, paid time off, retirement savings and more. These benefits are available to you and your dependents starting day one. Our comprehensive benefits program is important to how we support the health and wellness of employees and their families. For further benefits information please click here: Benefits Details Compensation:
The estimated annual pay range for this role is currently $89,000-$125,000.
This range reflects base salary only and does not include bonus payments, benefits or retirement contributions. Actual base pay is determined by experience, qualifications, skills and other job-related factors. This role is eligible for additional discretionary and incentive payment considerations based on company and individual performance. More details will be shared during the hiring process. Safety / Work Conditions:
Candidates will be required to participate in a post-offer, pre-employment medical examination for the following positions which may have essential job duties that can impact both their own safety and the safety of others:
Equal Opportunity Employer Nearest Major Market:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose "motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel).
Safford Job Segment:
Project Manager, Engineer, Technology, Engineering