Summary Description of Position
Under minimal supervision, assist plant operations in identifying, training and developing task trainers for mobile equipment operation, equipment utilization, operator efficiency and safe operating practices. Provide assistance in developing and maintaining training modules. Maintain records of training conducted and submit reports to management on all training activities. This position requires frequent and extensive travel. Essential Functions Conducts classroom instruction and one-on-one training on equipment at various plant sites across the region which includes but is not limited to task training, haul truck and loader operator training (HALOS), and Stockpile Management courses for mobile equipment. Works with plant and operations management to identify training needs as well as task trainers, proper utilization of equipment based on the application and improving operator efficiencies and auditing safe operating practices. Works with Corporate, other divisions, Southeast Division Management and OEM Mobile Equipment groups to develop and maintain training modules. Attends vendor classes to keep up to date with changing technology, techniques, standards, and equipment. Performs equipment inspections and site evaluations. Other duties as assigned. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of off-highway aggregate equipment, operations and mining techniques. Good teaching abilities, communication and written skills required. Basic computer knowledge is required. Travel within the state of South Carolina is essential. Ability to interface with all levels of management. Capability to identify potential task trainers at all the facilities. Must possess the ability to create in-house technical training modules for off-highway equipment operations. Knowledge of lifting equipment, man lifts, boom trucks, Forklifts, and cranes is preferred.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. The Company may at any time, in its sole discretion, modify or vary from anything stated in this job description, with or without notice.Education, Experience, Skills Required
- High school graduate or equivalent required. Some college preferred.
- BS / BA degree in Business, Engineering, or an equivalent combination of training and work experience is preferred.
- Minimal three to five years experience operating off-highway equipment.
- Minimum two years experience as off-highway equipment operator trainer preferred.
- Current valid state driver's license required.
- 50% - Conduct mobile equipment training.
- 30% - Assist plant operations with identifying, training and developing task trainers and with equipment utilization, operator efficiency and safe operating practices.
- 15% - Develop mobile equipment operator standards and new training modules.
- 5% - Attend training classes to keep abreast of latest operator techniques and technologies.
Strong work ethic: uses time efficiently, takes initiative, and is result-oriented.
Commitment to learning and teaching: seeks opportunities to learn new techniques and technologies and to transfer knowledge to others.
Respectful: treats other employees or customers with courtesy, dignity and respect.
Safety-oriented: provides a leadership role in upholding the highest standards for protecting people and the environment.
Interpersonal interaction: quickly establishes rapport with personnel to develop trust in order to create a productive work environment.
Communication skills: communicates clearly - written and orally - and listens carefully in an open, candid and consistent manner.
Unusual Working Conditions
- This position requires approximately 80% travel.
- Knowledge of safety regulation for off-highway equipment is required.
- Extended hours and travel including overnight travel on short notice is required.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment when in and around mine operations.
- Must understand and ensure all Vulcan standards are followed and that any violations of these standards are promptly reported to management.
Vulcan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law from discrimination.